Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner October 2022 Powys

Entertainment ideas for a small wedding

Emily, 7 of October of 2021 at 13:29 Posted on Planning 0 3
We're doing our wedding on a budget, and we also aren't really fans of the traditional sit down meal and then disco. We're looking at having our ceremony somewhere, and then hiring a village hall for our reception (plenty of village halls to choose from where we are in rural Wales!). For our food, we'd like to have a barbecue, my fiancé and his dad want to do it and they're really excited about it. We're having a small wedding, mainly because we don't really have any friends to invite but I'm worried it'll be awkward, especially as my parents are divorced and his parents are divorced and neither are on good terms with each other. We have no idea what sort of entertainment to have for our wedding other than our meal. We're thinking maybe a vintage afternoon tea type thing when we get to the venue to keep everyone going until the barbecue but I'm not sure what we can do before or after. We're not interested in garden games like cricket as I just hate sports and a lot of our guests are elderly or disabled so wouldn't be able to join in. I also don't know where to make time to have our photos (my future father in law is taking them, he used to be a professional photographer and camera man and my dad who loves photography too will probably help so both divorced parents don't have to interact). What can we do to entertain our guests at a village hall to keep it from being awkward without the traditional loud music and disco??

3 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 22 of May of 2022 at 13:08

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics