Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KJHC
Beginner April 2016

Feeling stressed, exhausted, bored, irritable and short-tempered!

KJHC, 28 of March of 2016 at 14:35 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi all,

Apologies in advance for the moan - just feel like I need to get it all out as trying to come across as the excited bride all the time is quite draining!

It's our wedding in three weeks (!) and even though all the big stuff is sorted, I just feel more and more stressed out and nervous with each day that passes! We've been engaged for 8 months and it feels like all the planning, dieting, exercising and decision after decision is finally starting to take its toll. I feel really short-tempered and just feel like snapping at people who ask me to do things, including at work! My job is quite stressful as well and I went through a tough promotion process halfway through our engagement. I'm just really looking forward to having my life back where there isn't all this pressure and I can fully relax at home without feeling guilty about procrastinating, or not eating the right thing, or not making it to the gym for the 4th time that week. I'm not sleeping well either :-(

I'm nervous about the day as well - I absolutely want to marry my OH and can't wait to be his wife, but I've realised I've created a big event where I'm the centre of attention among a big group of people (most of whom I don't know). I get nervous and jittery when it's my turn to introduce myself at a meeting FFS, imagine what I'll be like on the big day. Everyone keeps asking if I'm excited, and while I do get waves of excitement sometimes, I'm mostly just feeling very very tired and very bored. I'm an introvert, so I get quite drained when I don't have regular spells of spending time on my own so I think the fact that I haven't had any real alone time combined with knowing that I won't get any until after the honeymoon is stressing me out as well.

I feel like I should be much happier and more excited - I can't say too much to OH as his family are so generously paying for what has turned out to be quite a big and pricey wedding.

This may also sound weird, but I'm stressing out about having groups of people form my different areas of life in one place - work friends, mum, best friends, uni friends etc. I'm very different around different groups of people and keep different areas of my life very distinct from each other, so not knowing how I should 'be' on the day as they'll all be there at the same time is a worry as well.

There - now I feel better! I'm hoping that once it gets to the day, I'll just relinquish my control freakery and relax into it!

Sorry again about the big whinge!

9 replies

Latest activity by KailaOrtiz, 26 of December of 2022 at 11:36
  • M
    Beginner July 2017
    Much_ado_about_weddings ·
    • Hide content

Aww! Poor you. It sounds like you need some time out! I'm an introvert too and alone time is soooo important to 'recharge'! Can you send your OH out for an evening so you can have a pamper night to yourself - bubblebath, chocolate (a little bit won't hurt!), a movie and an early night to your self, nothing wedding related?! Maybe don't do anything wedding-ish for a couple of days - that might help. And I can totally understand why you'd be nervous about different groups of friends meeting up cos that's quite weird and almost surreal at first... But I had that at a party and actually it was totally fine! Besides - it's your wedding day ... everyone will understand if you're a little nervous or jittery! Just enjoy yourself! And as for how to 'be'... I know this sounds silly and cliched, but honestly, just be yourself - be whoever you want to be! I know you have different personas with different people, but they're still all the same person ultimately!

Anyway, give yourself a break and do something else Smiley smile

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    prettypinkdresses ·
    • Hide content

Three weeks to go for me too and I could have written this myself! No words of advice other than I know exactly how you feel.

Chin up, it will soon all be over and life can return to normal apart from the credit card bill

PPD x

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

I've 5 days to go and the stress has disappeared! I'm chilled making sure my skin is in good condition and am beautifying myself all this week eyebrows on weds manicure and pedicure Friday I've been working hard on my facial skin for weeks and now it's great (this was a worry for me) I've given up the diet the dress will fit it will be fine yeah it's been 4 weeks since I tried it on and easter was yesterday.... only had one egg lol

You'll be fine in the week before all will fall in to place Try relax as much as you can I've literally laid around all weekend.

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all! It's at least nice to see that what I'm feeling is normal! Feeling a bit better today and going to my second make up trial with my mum - I have an annoying internal style in my eye which means one of my eye lids is a bit swollen - annoying! Hopefully she can work around it so I can get a good idea - at least with the other eye! Probably brought on by tiredness and stress. My mum is staying with us for the next three weeks so no chance of any alone time, but I'm just going to try and relax into it!

Dr is investigating an abnormality in my womb as well and I'm booked in for an MRI scan on Monday - so worrying about that as well. I think I'm just tired and grumpy! Thanks all for reading though and the words of encouragement :-)

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Hey KJHC, this is (what I have read and what I can understand) completely normal - especially with everything that's going on in your life right now.

I'm a couple of days after you and I just keep thinking that I'll miss this lead up once it's gone, so trying my best to enjoy it. I am; however, bored of people asking how excited I am and whether it's all ready...

Much Ado is right; have a day/night to yourself. Enjoy some calm.

Try not to worry about having everyone there on the day - I had my hen do this past weekend and was worried about people mingling. Completely unnecessarily, I hasten to add; everyone talked, laughed, danced together. Don't forget: people are there because they love you and your OH. They'll make it work.

Sincerely hope everything goes well at the scan next week xx

• K
    Beginner April 2016
    Kaz87 ·
    • Hide content

*Big hugs*sometimes all you need is to have abit of a vent. I'm sure on the day you will have a fantastic time. I understand how you feel I'm more anxious than excited about mine, but I suffer from anxiety in general, which is why this all a little difficult for me. Our wedding is in 3 weeks too, try & get some time to yourself or even spend some quality time with your mum but tell her no wedding talk!

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

Thanks both! I had a great make up trial today and ended up with exactly what I wanted - felt so much happier after this second trial. You're right, I need to take some time out and relax - with no wedding chat! My MUA recommended rescue remedy to help ease the anxiety, so I'll get some tomorrow :-)

• C
    Beginner July 2023 East London
    Conor ·
    • Hide content

Great! I used it and helped me.

Thanks

• K
    Beginner December 2022 Monmouthshire
    KailaOrtiz ·
    • Hide content

I've been playing Sims 4 for a long time, but when my daughter was born I had to have more serious sedatives. Now I only play when everyone is asleep and enjoy the solitude because I want to be in silence all the time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics