Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner September 2022 West London

Hair Trial

Wedding22F, 10 of August of 2022 at 22:38 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi,

I had my hair and make up trial yesterday and I really didn’t like the updo hairstyle on photos taken of the back of it. I’ve told the stylist but I don’t have the confidence she’ll be able to achieve what I want (it also started falling out after 1-2 hours of just sitting around).

The hair is £75 for the trial and £75 on the day. She spent 1 hour on me and only trialed one hairstyle (is this normal?), but at the salon for a regular updo it’s £50 for 1 hour so I’d have thought she’d spend longer with me.

Should I look into finding someone else? Most bridal hairstylists local to me seem to be £200-400 for just hair (incl trial) which just seems like a lot of money. Is this worth it? Or how do I find more affordable stylists skilled in this field?

Also…wedding is in 6 weeks!

2 replies

Latest activity by Wedding22F, 11 of August of 2022 at 12:03
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I am surprised she only did one style, my trial was 3 hours for hair and make up and we tried a few styles until I was happy. I had concerns about it not holding but she explained she would use more pins and product on the day, and I will say that it did not move on the day so she was right! I will be honest, her price is low and I guess that reflects the quality of service. I paid £165 for my hair and make up and £75 for the trial, so she is cheap. It really depends on how you feel, if you are not confident in her then I personally would look elsewhere, or speak to a salon to see if they can achieve what you want but be sure you factor in time to travel to the salon etc. I would look on Facebook or social media groups near you to see if you can find someone cheaper, and who's style you like

• W
    Beginner September 2022 West London
    Wedding22F ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for the response. So it’s £75 for hair and £75 for make up for the trial and same again on the day, so £300 in total, sorry I didn’t explain that so well.
    I’m struggling to find other salons and some have been honest and said they can’t do it as it’s not their area of expertise which I appreciate. I’ll keep looking, thanks

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics