Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2025 Herefordshire

Hen do etiquette

Sophie, 9 of August of 2022 at 19:11 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 4
Do you invite the girlfriends/wives of the fiancés groomsmen? I’ve noticed recently in a few hens the partners of the groomsmen have been in attendance. I get on well with them, so don’t mind inviting them, but just wondered what the protocol is around this?

4 replies

Latest activity by Anonbride, 11 of August of 2022 at 12:22
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    There is no rule, is up to you. For me I just wanted my close friends as we went away for a weekend so it could be awkward for people who don't know others but if is a night out then I would probably invite them,
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I agree with charlotte its upto you as long as you enjoy your night and they will all get on no problem x💗
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

There is no rule - some brides have a big hen do, including fiance's family and other people they don't know that well. Others prefer a small event with just their closest friends. You do you.

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't unless you're as close to them to the hens you're already inviting/closer than other friends you're not inviting. I think it would feel weird on both sides otherwise.

We've been inviting other halves to things like informal wedding party get togethers but not to hens and stags.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics