Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner December 2023 Cumbria

Insurance Providers

Sam, 21 of March of 2022 at 12:16 Posted on Planning 1 5
Hi,

We are really struggling to find any insurance providers. Seems like the only 2 available have terrible reviews (Wedinsure and covermywedding.co.uk) but no one else is currently offering insurance due to COVID.
Just wondering who people are currently going with?

5 replies

Latest activity by GaveModeva, 6 of June of 2023 at 10:22
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    We haven’t bothered as it seems like it’s not worth the paper it’s written on. I made sure that suppliers could move the dates if covid is still a problem ( that’s written in the contracts) and I know our venue would move the date but we haven’t bought any actual insurance. Crossing everything that we won’t have any issues!
  • Sophie
    Savvy November 2023 Derbyshire
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content
    We found the same thing and ended up opting for Wedinsure. We did consider skipping it but insurance covers you for lots of things like fires, venues going bust, a serious illness or death in the wedding party etc, so for us it was something that we wanted to get for peace of mind even without the covid cover. It depends how much you’re planning to spend on your wedding though. If you’re spending a lot it’s probably worth getting insurance to protect what is essentially a large investment. Hope that helps!
  • Haz
    Dedicated September 2022 Staffordshire
    Haz ·
    • Hide content
    We went with Dreamsaver, which was cheaper than the other two and cover seemed better. They others seemed to cover a big sum, but when you looked at individual elements such as supplier failure this was a much smaller amount. They also do covid cover for an additional fee. I'm aware that it is a gamble as to whether they would pay out in the event of a claim though, as with any insurance.

When we were looking at reviews, I tried to bear in mind the chaos of 2020, when their customer services must have been overwhelmed. I looked at the older reviews to get a better idea of what they were like under normal circumstances.
  • Z
    Beginner August 2024 Conwy
    Zoe ·
    • Hide content
    Same here, could only really find those 2 that would get back to me. I even tried going through insurance brokers 😅 did you go for any of the providers in the end?
  • S
    Beginner April 1998 East London
    Stan ·
    • Hide content

Hello there. My wife has a brother working at Homeowners Insurance in Alaska , so we often ask them for help. I guess I’m lucky to have such a friend. He always helps me. It all started when we bought our first house. So, actually, I’ve been looking for this thread for a long time, even though I have the provider. So, guys, huge thanks to you for sharing. Alternative solutions are significant too. Let’s keep the thread updated. Wish you all the best, folks. I’ll be waiting for your replies.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics