Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner December 2022 North Yorkshire

Sten do or own do!

Kelly, 6 of July of 2022 at 18:58 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hey so I'm just looking for some advice please. My partner and I have been together for 12 years, we are a blended family , our youngest being 14 and we have 1 grandchild. We are planning our wedding for NYE this year (very exciting) my thing is, we have always said we would have a joint hen and stag do, why would we want to be apart?

It is however proving difficult, each of us have 17 people we would invite, thats alot for a pub crawl! we have had the idea of hiring somewhere with a band and dressing up... do you think this would work or would be be better just doing things separate? any ideas would be great x

Ps i mention about our daughter at 14 because we would like her to join in and our grandchild as he is only 1 week old and my daughter will not want to spend the night away from him.

1 replies

Latest activity by Anonbride, 27 of July of 2022 at 13:07
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ยท
    • Hide content

We debated this... but ultimately decided on separate stag and hens. Initially we were considering go for same night and meet up at the end, but our lovely MOH and BM had overnight ideas and we kinda love the idea of being surprised after how much we're planning for our wedding day.

We've decided to just include those friends that are in our wedding party, because otherwise the numbers were going to get a bit out of control and mean that most of the wedding would be invited to both haha

That being said, while FH's going for a traditional small group of guys because they are his closest friends. My group is a mix of guys and girls because my guys are just as close if not closer to me so it just felt wrong to me that they weren't involved and weird if they went on the stag instead of the hen just because of gender. Basically, feel free to buck tradition if it works for you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics