Skip to main content
L
Beginner August 2020 West Yorkshire

Upset i didn’t get more picture of me and my husband on our wedding day

Laura, 9 January 2022 at 11:58 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 3
Saved
I got married October 2nd 2021 after our wedding being postponed twice due to covid, we was originally meant to get married in August a Summer wedding. But due to covid we had to have it in October which I wasn’t bothered about as I’d been waiting 3 years to get married and I couldn’t wait. Unfortunately the weather was not on our side, our wedding was up in the country side in a hotel and it was pouring down with rain with gale force winds and freezing, even our photographer said we wouldn’t be able to do outside pictures, I was so happy that day after Marrying my Husband that I didn’t care at the time about going outside, I was just glad we had finally got married with all our friends and family around us, and it was the most amazing day!! We received our photos back about 6 weeks later and at first glance I loved them, he had captured some amazing moments and memories from the ceremony, speeches, cake cutting, first dance, family portraits and detailed pictures of the decor. I loved them all. Then it hit me that there was only 3 pictures of me and my husband on our own, literally 3 and one of them was us stood in the same place but just doing a different pose, don’t get me wrong they are nice but I feel so upset with myself that we didn’t have more time with just me and my husband on our own, i didn’t even think to ask the photographer as I was just so happy on the day but I keep blaming myself. I did give the photographer a list of formal family shots I wanted and said obviously pics of me my husband and our daughter but I just assumed that he would of known to get a few more pics of just me and my husband. I really feel like getting me and my husband back in our wedding attire and having an hour to get some lovely outdoor pictures done as I’m still upset that we couldn’t get any pictures outdoor due to the weather being really bad. Has anyone else felt like this or been disappointed with the lack of pictures you got, will I ever get over it? Xx

3 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 10 January 2022 at 08:00
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    I am sorry this is the case and must be disappointing. It is hard in the day to think of getting the pics as it all goes so fast, that said it is is a shame that whilst you couldn't have outside pics the photographer didn't suggest am indoor location for some more intimate shots of you both. I think your idea to do a new shoot is a good one if it will give you what you want. Not ideal I know but you can't change it now and if it is eating you up as much as it seems then I would do something that will help you rectify and feel better.
  • L
    Beginner August 2020 West Yorkshire
    Laura ·
    View quoted message
    I know I feel like the photographer should have got me and my husband after the ceremony and said right let’s get some nice shots of you and DH then do group photos. But I don’t recall any of that and I’m blaming myself thinking I should have said something but I was so wrapped up in the day I didn’t. I’ve looked back at his work which I did before we booked him and he has done lots of weddings at the venue we was at and there are some lovely pics of brides and grooms in the venue. I go through phases of thinking it’s not that bad we have amazing pics of the day and a beautiful wedding video, but some days I just cry and wish I’d done things differently. I spoke to him on the phone and he did apologise and said he’s sorry if it felt rushed and due to the weather we couldn’t get the outdoor pics I wanted but he also admitted that he should have spent more time with just me and DH which made me feel a little better knowing it wasn’t my fault as much as I thought.
    I have a friend who does some bits of photography and he said he would happily get some outdoor pics of us in our wedding attire once the weather gets better so I think this is something I may have to do to make me feel better xx
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    View quoted message

I am so glad you spoke to him and that he did the right thing and admitted he should have done more. Try not to let it beat you up, it is easy to miss things on the day, the fact is you have some lovely pics and video as you say and the memories and you are now a Mrs! I would defo do the shoot with your friend in the spring/summer, it will be nice you have some different pics and get dressed up again X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics