Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2022 Cheshire

Wedding Photography

Megen-Louise, 19 of February of 2021 at 20:00 Posted on Planning 0 2
Okay so I am not getting married until 2022 but am panicking if people start to postpone wedding photographer will be full.
So I have been looking at them and they all look so different yet the same.
How do I know who to choose or inquire about and also, How much is average price for one? I have seen such varied costs I am confused if pricer meaning more expensive or not.
Thanks in advance for any help ?

2 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 20 of February of 2021 at 13:30
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Don't panic and make the wrong choice but yes there are 3 things happening. Most of my weddings until May have been moved to next year, even a couple of summer weddings too, also some from last year moved straight to 2022. The second thing is some getting Married this year are planning on no reception but with a reception in 2022. The 3rd thing is a backlog and pent up demand of all of those weddings that have been put off completely.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

When looking for a photographer ask to see a whole wedding or at least 150 from a single wedding. Pay attention to what they show on their website - count the couples/ different weddings I see so many that make it sound they have shot 100s and yet there is only evidence of 6 weddings on their site.

If your wedding is winter then you also need to see samples of weddings in winter that they have done.

You are right they can all look the same,

Don't pay too much attention to how a photographer describes their "style" -- there is almost no such thing. No photographer will describe themselves as a "traditional photographer", of course they are all "documentary / candid / relaxed / informal, but then look at their FAQ and you will see "will you also photograph family groups" and the answer is "yes of course as many as you want.

Mostly every wedding will be a mix of detail, candid, - all of the buz words AND posed couple shots and groups. I see photographers describe themselves as not posing people and yet I can tell when I look at their site -posed - posed - posed.

Don't pay too much attention to "awards" - its an industry aimed at making money for the organisation behind it and with some every single entry is a "Regional finalist"

"Badges" are a thing these days looking like official endorsements but they are just given to you when you advertise on that website.

Cost wise can be a minefield but expect to pay over £1000.

Avoid ones who tell you that you will receive 1000+ images, go for quality over quantity.

When comparing, some will include an album - they can cost the photographer anything between £50 and £500+. Guess which one is included ? The idea is to "upsell" after the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics