Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chloe
Beginner July 2022 Aberdeen & Deeside

Witnesses?!

Chloe, 12 of June of 2022 at 20:43 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hi, just looking to see if anyone else has experienced this and what they did.

I’m getting married next month in a secret registry office wedding and was hoping they could supply witnesses. Unfortunately they can’t, and have requested the witnesses details at-least two days before the wedding so can’t just grab somebody of the street. I don’t want to tell anyone we know we’re getting married but don’t know how else to go about getting witnesses?

3 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 16 of June of 2022 at 16:22
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I'm surprised that they want the witness details in advance - they only wanted ours on the day.

I guess the best thing to do is to post an add, either on an online forum (I've seen some posts on here) or in a local paper. Of course, the risk is that someone you know will respond, but at least you'd have a chance of keeping it secret.

Or can you think of 2 people you know that you can trust to keep a secret and just tell them?

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

A bit of a weird idea but how about knocking on your neighbours door (presuming you're using your local registry office) and seeing if they'd be up for being your witnesses?

Otherwise I think RomanticGreen has the best idea to just pick the two people you trust the most to keep it a secret.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Im doing registry we need witneses which are going to be our kids one of 15 the other 19 so we were lucky on this is there nobody you coul d trust to keep it a secret my secret didnt go down well family found out its such a hard one x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics