Skip to main content
Chloe
Chloe

St. Ives, Cornwall · From January 2022

Beach wedding bride-to-be! Wedding vibe is fun beachy-boho with wildflowers, sea colours and quality over quantity all round.

🕐 Wedding Countdown...

15 July 2023

332days 7hours : 48min

Discussions

Chloe
Where to find wedding cake toppers?
Chloe of Wanted, 8 August 2022 at 17:32

Obviously google comes up with 100000 options, so I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me whittle it down! We're having a brownie tower instead of cake so I'm keen for a topper to make it nice...

Bonita, sunday 14-Aug-22 10 112
Chloe
Can't tell my fiance so sharing here....!
Chloe of Planning, 11 August 2022 at 10:33

I've just booked a live ceremony painter as a surprise for FH! He's always had a bit of hankering after a portrait so know he will love it. The painter is really willing to discuss colour palette and...

Dr Vincent, thursday 11-Aug-22 1 76
Chloe
Registry Office Wedding - top tips/rest of day?
Chloe of Planning, 1 August 2022 at 12:23

We've decided to have a small registry office wedding/legal ceremony the week before our big day (long story short: to enable my friend to be our officiant and create a really personal ceremony for...

Helen, thursday 4-Aug-22 13 196 1
Chloe
Final few spots on the guest list... how to decide?!
Chloe of Planning, 18 July 2022 at 17:18

Tearing my hair out a bit! Thought we'd cracked it but just found out the girlfriend of one of the groomsmen (who we did include on his save the date out of politeness) who never comes to any weddings...

Chloe, tuesday 19-Jul-22 4 207
Chloe
aita only inviting one work buddy and not the other?
Chloe of Etiquette and Advice, 15 July 2022 at 14:51

Fake names for anonymity. Jenny and I started around the same time about a year ago, we became “work friends” fast, and it’s become quite clear that we’re genuine “friend friends” now - I’ve ummed...

Michelle, sunday 17-Jul-22 4 157
Chloe
Fmil... It gets better!!!
Chloe of Etiquette and Advice, 1 July 2022 at 17:12

Thought I'd share, as I've seen many a post on here about difficult FMILs. Those of you who have been following my FMIL dramas know what a saga it's been and how challenging and unsupportive FMIL has...

Michelle, wednesday 6-Jul-22 5 277
Chloe
Share your engagement ring and wedding stacks!
Chloe of Wedding Attire, 5 April 2022 at 14:35

I found a really historic one of these threads and thought it would be nice to resurface! I think it's lovely just to share our gorgeous e-rings and what we're thinking for wedding bands. I'm tempted...

Ostira, sunday 26-Jun-22 40 1,022 1
Chloe
Nervous about engagement shoot...
Chloe of Beauty & Wellbeing, 22 June 2022 at 14:59

How did you decide what to wear, what poses would be flattering for you, etc? We have an engagement shoot in 3 weeks - I was feeling fairly chill about it as generally I don't mind having my photos...

Chloe, friday 24-Jun-22 9 156
Chloe
Videographer - is it worth the money?
Chloe of Planning, 14 June 2022 at 19:16

Initially we were not gonna go for a videographer because they are PRICEY! But I’ve recently seen a few people’s wedding videos and they do look lovely… wondering if people feel it’s worth it? Anyone...

Chloe, monday 20-Jun-22 11 216
Chloe
Motivation to keep up with an exercise plan?
Chloe of Beauty & Wellbeing, 5 June 2022 at 17:21

I hate to be this person, because I really want to be body positive and firmly believe FH loves me regardless. HOWEVER, I’m not feeling my best self at the moment. I don’t need to lose multiple dress...

Michelle, monday 20-Jun-22 14 267
Chloe
Ideas for non-religious and non-traditional readings?
Chloe of Planning, 16 June 2022 at 09:31

We've decided we'd like to have two readings but we're keen for something non-religious (as neither of us are) and something that isn't used at ever wedding ever... whenever I google "non-traditional...

Haz, friday 17-Jun-22 12 150
Chloe
Low back bra recommendations?
Chloe of Off Topic Posts, 9 May 2022 at 11:43

I've got a dress that I love but it has a cut out back so I need a bra that'll work with it (unfortunately there's no support in the front so bra-less is not an option - and the bra back strap on...

Nicola, tuesday 10-May-22 2 93
Chloe
How much are your groomsmen/ushers outfits costing?
Chloe of Wedding Attire, 27 April 2022 at 15:58

FH is debating adding two groomsmen... basically he's announced that the real reason he only wanted a best man initially was because he wanted to cut costs! I think it's such a shame if he actually...

Chloe, tuesday 3-May-22 6 213
Chloe
Is there a way to delete discussions on here?
Chloe of Feedback to Hitched, 27 April 2022 at 16:42

I'm starting to get paranoid that the more I show FH this forum the more likely he is to go snooping around it himself... and not only have I ranted A LOT about his mother haha, I've also posted a pic...

Chloe, tuesday 3-May-22 4 225
Chloe
First look or wait until the alter?
Chloe of Planning, 9 February 2022 at 14:51

What's everyone going for and why? I'd been erring towards the traditional alter moment, but it seems first looks are gaining in popularity and feature in a lot of the "real weddings" articles out...

Chloe, wednesday 27-Apr-22 23 393
Chloe
What do you think of these as wedding party gifts?
Chloe of Etiquette and Advice, 22 April 2022 at 11:29

My side of the wedding party (Team Bride) is split between guys and girls - I want them all to feel as important as each other. Officiant and Ushers: Three guys who are straight and not while they're...

Michelle, monday 25-Apr-22 11 207
Chloe
Pastel wedding guest dresses? (that aren't pink!)
Chloe of Wedding Attire, 29 March 2022 at 12:33

Wondering if anyone's spied anything recently, perhaps while looking for bridesmaids dresses or something. I'm going to a wedding in May and the bride has specifically requested all the guests wear...

Michelle, tuesday 19-Apr-22 16 200
Chloe
Best anti-sweat deodorant/spray/other recommendations?!
Chloe of Beauty & Wellbeing, 31 March 2022 at 10:25

I know my wedding's not till next summer, but as we're approaching spring I thought it would be sensible to try out products this summer so I know how my body reacts. Basically, I'm thinking wedding...

Karina, tuesday 12-Apr-22 2 157
Chloe
Please help me figure out what the guys in my wedding should wear!
Chloe of Wedding Attire, 11 April 2022 at 14:41

I have a little bit of an usual wedding party. FH has one best man (no groomsmen, he didn't want them). I have a male MOH (gay, quite happy to dress a bit more flamboyantly) plus two female...

Chloe, tuesday 12-Apr-22 2 106
Chloe
Changing your name... to double barrel or to take his name?
Chloe of Etiquette and Advice, 1 March 2022 at 16:40

Me again haha! I really love the idea of me and FH having the same last name so I'm personally dead set against just keeping my last name because I don't want us having different last names after...

Bliss, saturday 9-Apr-22 22 354
Chloe
Should i invite them?
Chloe of Etiquette and Advice, 30 March 2022 at 16:54

After some etiquette advice here please! So, last year I moved back near my home town with FH. A friend I'd known from school reached out and we met up towards the end of last summer. Before then, I'd...

RomanticGreenStation, thursday 31-Mar-22 6 143
Chloe
What are some personal touches you're planning for your wedding day?
Chloe of Planning, 16 March 2022 at 15:26

I think we so often post on here when something's stressing us out, so I thought it might be nice to share a few things that we're doing because we just really want to and that'll make our days feel...

Michelle, saturday 19-Mar-22 11 283 1
Chloe
Alternatives to veil?
Chloe of Wedding Attire, 9 March 2022 at 15:55

I tried on a veil when I chose my dress, but (after always thinking I’d want one) I actually wasn’t keen. FH is quite happy for me not to wear one as he thinks veils are weird haha. I’m also getting...

Jamie, tuesday 15-Mar-22 22 320 1
Chloe
What moments do i need songs for?
Chloe of Planning, 9 March 2022 at 22:06

So far I’ve got: - Walking down the aisle - Celebratory back up the aisle song- First dance - Father daughter dance I’m planning on me and the bridesmaids walking to the same song, as the venue...

Chloe, thursday 10-Mar-22 9 184
Chloe
fmil says he shouldn't marry me
Chloe of Etiquette and Advice, 4 March 2022 at 11:04

She's just horrid She's told FH she sees "too many red flags" which are: -- We don't live in his home town but near my parents. It's unfair how often we see my parents. That's just geography (plus...

Saphireangel, wednesday 9-Mar-22 16 449 1
Chloe
First dance and father daughter dance... when?!
Chloe of Planning, 8 March 2022 at 16:22

Talk to me about special dancing and where in the reception timeline these are going! We're having two friends perform live for our first dance then a DJ for the rest of the night. Should we open the...

Chloe, wednesday 9-Mar-22 4 193
Chloe
fmil still upset over guestlist, stopped speaking to Fh, I'm feeling guilty!
Chloe of Etiquette and Advice, 28 February 2022 at 14:58

I think some of you are well looped into this... but basically we're having a small wedding and (for various reasons) have decided not to invite aunts and uncles on either side which FMIL is not happy...

Chloe, wednesday 2-Mar-22 10 254
Chloe
Off-white dress panic...
Chloe of Wedding Attire, 1 March 2022 at 12:22

Been trying to take my mind of horrible FMIL and thinking about outfits - fun! - but now I've got myself in a bit of a mild panic haha I've chosen my dress!! *happy dance*...

Chloe, tuesday 1-Mar-22 5 136
Chloe
Should i invite this girl to my wedding?
Chloe of Etiquette and Advice, 23 February 2022 at 14:22

Here's the situation: we have 50 spots on our guestlist, and have filled 40 of them. We're trying to decide on the final 10 but it's getting tricky. FH and I have a joint friendship group from...

Tamsin, monday 28-Feb-22 14 251
Chloe
This group is lovely :)
Chloe of Off Topic Posts, 16 February 2022 at 17:17

Just wanted to say that! Have put a couple of posts on the Reddit equivalent and it really shocks me how blunt and rude some people can be about this special time - really love how this group has...

Chloe, friday 25-Feb-22 5 98
Chloe
Are you paying for your bridal party’s accommodation?
Chloe of Planning, 19 February 2022 at 08:03

Our wedding’s in Cornwall, but most of our bridal party live in London - so we’re sort of treating it as a destination wedding but not entirely. I feel like this is something I need to decide sooner...

Chloe, tuesday 22-Feb-22 7 137
Chloe
Are you inviting your partner's siblings to stag/hen dos?
Chloe of Etiquette and Advice, 21 February 2022 at 17:04

My MOH is asking me to think about my guest list soon-ish so they can book... I know I want a small group thing, as does FH, so not sure if that makes a difference to the etiquette here. I do feel...

Chloe, tuesday 22-Feb-22 5 174

General groups

Hitched article topics