Lisa

'Manchester', Greater Manchester · From October 2021

Happily married 🎉

18 of July of 2023

276days 10hours
Brittany
Nightmare Mum & Sister
Brittany, 11 of April of 2024 at 19:44

Hiya, I wondered if anyone has been through a similar situation and can offer any advice… My sister and mum detest my Aunty due to some family issues a few years ago and have therefore kicked off...

RomanticGreenStation, yesterday at 09:26 13
M
Venue
Matt, 6 of April of 2024 at 10:39

Trying to find a venue in Cheshire or Staffordshire we both like working our budget seems impossible

Sarah, sunday 14-Apr-24 2
L
Honeymoon donations
Lisa, 19 of February of 2024 at 16:52

Hi, wondering if someone can help. We get married April this year after being together 10 years. Instead of gifts we were thinking of asking for donations to a honeymoon instead. Which site is best to...

Abby, tuesday 9-Apr-24 11
D
Hi all
Dawn, 30 of March of 2024 at 20:21

Is everyone partners getting involved with all the prep

Sarah, sunday 14-Apr-24 8
B
Venue
Brogan, 20 of March of 2024 at 18:22

Hi everyone I’m really struggling to find my dream venue We have got roughly 250 day guests and will possibly expand to 300 with evening guests , ideally would want the majority of us staying under 1...

Lisa, thursday 21-Mar-24 3
A
Drinks!
Amy, 17 of March of 2024 at 13:51

Hey everyone, We are getting married in July 2024, at the receptions we are having cans of beer and pimms! Both myself and my partner really dislike wine so we are trying to think of other options for...

Sarah, sunday 14-Apr-24 4
S
Dress sizes
Samantha, 10 of March of 2024 at 21:15

I have been measured up for my Stella York wedding dress 😊 I was warned wedding dress sizes don’t run same size as clothes - I am a 14 and my measurements say I need a size 18 ordering. It’s just a...

Sarah, monday 15-Apr-24 2
S
Flowers
Samantha, 5 of March of 2024 at 20:58

Fresh or fake flowers, thoughts please? Struggling to find ideas of prices for fresh bouquets but plenty of silk / artificial prices. Any website company recommendations much appreciated. Thanks

Sarah, monday 15-Apr-24 7 1
Katrina
What suppliers am i missing? Any thoughts?
Katrina, 5 of March of 2024 at 21:34

We are getting married Feb 2025 we have our wedding photographer/videographer, make up artist and hairdresser. As well as caterers & venue of course booked. We also have our entertainment booked...

Katrina, friday 12-Apr-24 7
S
Music and planning!
Stacey, 6 of March of 2024 at 23:36

Please help!! We aren’t getting married until next year & I know there’s 1 million and 1 other things to think about and look at BUT how do you choose what songs to use for the entrance, signing...

Sarah, monday 15-Apr-24 8
Harriet
Save the dates questions!
Harriet, 18 of February of 2024 at 12:28

Hi, We are so excited because we booked our venue in Italy for October 2025! When would you suggest we send out the save the dates? We thought we would do it around April of this year so that there is...

Harriet, monday 18-Mar-24 22
S
Wedding fayres - yes or no?
Samantha, 28 of February of 2024 at 22:45

What are your thoughts on wedding fayres - worth booking some? Has anyone found anything at one? Should i stay local to venue when looking for fayres?

InfoHills, monday 18-Mar-24 6
E
Am i overthinking on how much to feed the guests?
Emily, 11 of February of 2024 at 18:38

So I’m planning for my August 2026 wedding. Registry office with 4 witnesses and then a big party reception. The big part of the day is the reception and that’s where I think(?) I’m overthinking. Was...

A&K, saturday 17-Feb-24 4
K
Smaller details
Kirstie, 6 of February of 2024 at 19:40

May seem a silly question, but who is responsible for taking things to your venue ready for the ceremony/reception? For example, thank you presents for the speeches, box for cards, favours etc

Tangkas, friday 16-Feb-24 11
S
Platform heels for beach wedding?
Sarah, 6 of February of 2024 at 23:38

Got my dress sorted now for the shoes, we still haven't picked venue but will either be garden/outdoors, or on the beach. I'd like a bit of height and platform heels I find are most comfortable. Are...

Ramsey, saturday 10-Feb-24 8
Y
Giving notice
Yasmin, 1 of February of 2024 at 13:30

Hi All, I changed the spelling of my name via deed poll in 2018. I took 1 letter out of my name. Do I need to provide this evidence when giving notice of my marriage?

Ava, tuesday 6-Feb-24 2
Katrina
Make up or hair which to do first?
Katrina, 18 of January of 2024 at 10:24

Hey all, Just a quick one does hair get done first or make up? I suppose it depends on who is doing it I would have thought. As long as the dress does not have to go over my head. I might invite them...

Katrina, monday 25-Mar-24 8
M
Top table
Mollie, 5 of January of 2024 at 17:17

My finance and I have found a location we love but haven’t committed to booking a date as he is worried about the top table as unfortunately both of his parents have passed away and he doesn’t want...

Hannah, friday 16-Feb-24 7
S
When to start dress shopping
Sarah, 15 of January of 2024 at 10:53

We are planning on getting married this year, when and where is still unknown, as we are looking at something abroad or maybe here in the UK. I have found some boutiques for wedding dresses I'd like...

Ian, monday 29-Jan-24 18
C
Dress - Yes or No
Catherine, 16 of January of 2024 at 02:06

What do you think of this dress? A layer of sparkle material would be added under the top layer (last photo).

Katrina, friday 19-Jan-24 9 2
A
Booking a register
Ayla, 10 of January of 2024 at 18:02

So me and my partner have booked our venue, however we still don’t live together and planning on moving in with each by the end of the year. If we booked our appointment for the register office and...

Lisa, monday 15-Jan-24 3
S
Postponing due to Groom having cancer treatment
Sallyann, 9 of January of 2024 at 14:44

Hi I'm actually mother of the groom. My son has recently been diagnosed with cancer and the treatment and operation, even if it goes to plan, means he won't be fully recovered by the wedding date. His...

Ramsey, tuesday 23-Jan-24 6
I
Late curfew / no curfew
Izzy, 6 of January of 2024 at 19:08

Hi , I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas/knew of any venues in which we could dance the night away (not all going home at 11:30pm!) Thanks ! Izzy x

Ivana, wednesday 17-Jan-24 4
Orli
Newly engaged and wondering when to start
Orli, 7 of January of 2024 at 13:02

We have just got engaged last week, how quickly after you got engaged did you start planning the wedding? I’ve had pinterests boards of the wedding plan for years as most ladies do but I still seem to...

Lisa, monday 15-Jan-24 2
L
Small boobs big belly, what dress?!
Lizzie, 6 of January of 2024 at 17:50

Hi all I'm wondering.if anyone can give me any tips on the sort of wedding dress style that would suit me as my belly (quite the paunch!) sticks out further than my boobs (40b) and I don't really have...

Lisa, monday 15-Jan-24 2
N
Supplier responses.
Natalie, 10 of January of 2024 at 17:01

Hello, I recently got engaged and have been looking at venues on here. I’ve contacted several to request pricing and it says they will respond within 24 hours however it’s been almost a week and I’ve...

Lisa, monday 15-Jan-24 1
Ivana
Decor and Set up
Ivana, 22 of December of 2023 at 08:00

Hi ladies, This is my first ever post but I just needed to know!!! I need your help. I’m on a small budget in terms of decorations, so I was going to have mostly candles with some maybe white bud...

Ivana, thursday 14-Mar-24 17 1
Kristina
Viewing wedding venu
Kristina, 11 of January of 2024 at 08:57

We have a few appointments booked to view wedding venues . I have a list of things to ask but just wondered if anyone already been through this and left appointments without asking some of not so...

Lisa, monday 15-Jan-24 3 1
Aisha
Hair help!
Aisha, 4 of December of 2023 at 19:32

I’m a bride of 2025 and I’m really struggling to find a hairstylist that will work with me. All of my bridesmaids are black, so they will be having braids installed for my wedding. My maid of honour...

Gertrude, wednesday 7-Feb-24 4
Catherine
Inviting partners we don't know/haven't met?!
Catherine, 14 of December of 2023 at 18:56

Hello Everyone! My fiance and I are cureently sorting through our guest list for the wedding and trying to decide who to bump to just eve only to send out the invitations. It's so hard as the majority...

Cazpot88, friday 9-Feb-24 15
K
Food
Kayleigh, 4 of December of 2023 at 11:52

I’m getting married and I’ve gone for a two course meal, so we will get a hot dinner and a pudding for after the ceremony . I was going to have a buffet at the night time, but I decided to have a...

InfoHills, monday 18-Mar-24 9
Liberty
Affordable places to honeymoon for a temperature sensitive girly
Liberty, 1 of December of 2023 at 00:12

Hi guys. I am neurodivergent and I have a lot of sensory issues. It also means I am very particular about the hygiene of the places I attend. Do you have any recommendations for a very affordable,...

David, monday 4-Dec-23 6

General groups

Hitched article topics