Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SarB
Beginner August 2011

1st wedding anniversary gift help!!

SarB, 5 of August of 2012 at 14:26 Posted on Just Married 0 6

Hello everyone,

Well unbelievably I've been married nearly a whole year and it's flown by!! I'm stuck on what to get H for an anniversary gift though!! I know the 1st anniversary is paper but other than attempting origami I'm a bit stuck!!!!

Any suggestions would be great!!

ThanksMrs H x

6 replies

Latest activity by sian-tiffany, 1 of November of 2012 at 16:05
  • J
    Beginner May 2014
    jobsltd ·
    • Hide content

As it's paper - I got my husband a photobook album of our "first year" as a married couple.

A kind of a summary of the year in print which included photos, pictures and print.

It also included pictures of our honeymoon, following holiday and the early stages of my pregnancy.

I know that there are quite a few sites out there, but mymemory.com photobook site offer 50% discount for new customers using discount code RSMK50, so keeps the cost down too.

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest photos too - either have a boudoir shoot done if you didn't do it as a wedding gift for him (various offers out there so it doesn't have to be extortionate - I paid £30 for full make up, a 90 minute shoot, and 5 images on disc) and get them printed and framed, or a photobook of your first year.

Our wedding photography package included all images on disc (519 of them!) but nothing printed. We've gone for a cheapy groupon offer for a photo album for now (£30 for 100 pages) but it isn't of the high spec that we want, so we are intending on buying a 'best' album as a first anniversary present to ourselves.

• jeanadamz
    Beginner
    jeanadamz ·
    • Hide content

I'm a kind of person that loves to do letters and sometimes short messages would do. You can treat your husband to be with all the things he might need. If you wanted you could also have a dinner, an intimate dinner to catch up things he missed! Study hard and after!

You should be able to know what it was as gouting to brrad.

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

What about an atlas, highlighting all the places that you'd like to visit together as a married couple?

An annual subscription to his favourite magazine - like Mens Health?

You could make him something out of paper mache.....or possibly buy a book of romantic love poems, to remind him of your special day?

I also like the boudoir shoot idea....and FYEO Portraits have an amazing special offer on at the moment if you want to check out their listing in the suppliers directory.

Let us know what you end up choosing!

Fran x

• EAC13
    Beginner June 2013
    EAC13 ·
    • Hide content

My sister got a surprise weekend away for the two of them - the ticket was the paper gift! Perhaps even a ticket to a gig or something?

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

My husband reads the financial times so for our first anniversary im going to get him a copy of the Financial Times dated on his birthday and year. I was going to get it for him for Xmas but as its paper im going to save it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics