Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner February 2023 Mid Glamorgan

Advice - Photographer

Natascha, 30 of April of 2023 at 10:12 Posted on Just Married 0 11
Hi, myself and my husband are looking for some advice or whether this has happened to anyone else. We got married a few months ago in February 23. Our photographer cancelled on us two days before our wedding. We paid for this person in December. Two days before our wedding we had to look for a new photographer and enter into a new contract. Luckily the new photographer allowed us to give a deposit and we paid the day after our wedding as she understood we were sceptical and we had just enough money to cover this in our savings. The trouble is with our original photographer who is now avoiding us, they have not refunded us despite us contacting her a number of times. she sent us an email once as to the personal reasons that she has faced. We are very understanding people and gave her the benefit of the doubt in the beginning but now feel very deflated and taken advantage of. We are just looking for some advice and wonder if this has happened to anyone else? Thank you in advance🙂

11 replies

Latest activity by Summer, 27 of June of 2023 at 17:13
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    We had similar, ours turned up and went the digital images but they were not edited and ye never sent the album we paid £300 for. We looked to take him to small claims court for breach of contract but he was clever and don't lded the business so there are no assets to go after!

In your situation I would suggest sending an email and a written letter by signed for d livery to explain you understand their situation, however, you have paid for a service that was not delivered and therefore she is in breach of contract and as such, you formally request a refund of all monies paid in full within 14 days, or you will issue a court claim m against them. You should keep all your day vidence of attempt to communicate and r fund request as you will need to present this to the court, if it gets that far. Hopefully that will be enough to scare them in to sending your money back, but if not be prepared to go to court. Wishing you all the best x
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

That was good of the second shooter to let you pay the balance after the wedding to give you confidence.

Am I reading this right that you have paid in full to the first shooter and they are refusing to pay you back after they cancelled on you ?

• N
    Natascha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes the person who actually photographed our day was amazing, so reassuring and we were very grateful!

Yes we paid our original photographer in December. When she cancelled she said we would get our refund in a few days. We are now into our third month, loads of messages to this person and still nothing
    • Hide content

How much does she owe you -- it may matter if you end up going small claims route.

• N
    Natascha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We figured that may be the case. We just wanted to double check that what we are doing is right. We sent an official letter with a 14 day response request but nothing from that either. Is it best to file online or get a solicitor?
    • Hide content

How much does she owe you.

• N
    Natascha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    £675 which is the full amount of what we paid
    • Hide content

There is a good facebook page called wedding scammers don't let them win. I would advise anyone with wedding shooter issues to look there to see if they have previous. Or if you have any niggling doubts about someone.

• N
    Natascha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s great, thank you!
  • Laurie
    Savvy May 2024 Lothian & Borders
    Laurie ·
    • Hide content

Can you claim back on wedding insurance?

• Summer
    Merseyside
    Summer ·
    • Hide content

I am very sorry that you went through such a stressful situation. I understand that you feel cheated and upset. Of course, you are entitled to a refund from the first photographer, because the cancellation was not your fault. You may want to contact a lawyer or consumer organization to see what options you have. I hope you can solve this problem

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics