Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner January 2019

Advice please read

Ash189T, 13 of November of 2019 at 12:39 Posted on Just Married 0

Hi all, so it’s long winded but I will try to keep it short. We got married 31/01/2019 so nearly a year now.

Our wedding was beautiful, if your like me though it went so fast. I had put a previous post on her after I got married a few Of my friends (close I may add) ruined the whole experience as basically trashed two rooms so the next few days I was in tears having to sort it all out and very disappointed in them. However it also snowed so much basically all our evening guests could not get to us and those that were there in the day that were not staying over night got snowed in. The honeymoon was then cancelled as they couldn’t fly.

Anyway my question is ... if I was to have a party for our first wedding anniversary to have all the guests there that could not attend and celebrate this special day with us there. Do you think that would be a good idea and also a possibility of wearing the beautiful dress again or would that just be strange? I could then look back on it as a fun filled evening rather than looking back and just seeing the hurt from those so called friends?

Be honest please if it sounds silly then me and hubby can just go away for the weekend ?

Ash xx

• S
    Beginner
    SunnyPurpleDiamonds98442 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ash,

I'm in a similar position to you. We got married in March this year and although parts of it was lovely, we had to cut back on things because of a limited budget, plus we didn't have an evening party because i have a long term illness and I thought it would've been too much. Also, because we cut costs, the food was a massive disappointment (it was cold fish and chips), and the cake also disappointing. We only ended up inviting 27 people to keep it small, so there are a lot of friends and family that didn't celebrate with us.

We were going to have a big party a couple of weeks after the wedding but we cancelled as I wasn't well enough.

I really regret all of this now, especially not having a lovely meal and an evening disco. Id like to organise a one year anniversary party to make up for the disappointment of the day. Do you think this is a good idea?

My advice to you would be to absolutely have the party, these are your memories that last for a lifetime, so you want them to be positive. With regards to the dress, have you considered getting it altered, for example to knee length, so it's not so weddingy and easier to dance in?

Any thoughts on my situation would be much appreciated!

Annabel

Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics