Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner June 2012

Cadbury purple bridesmaid dresses

KateSF, 22 of June of 2011 at 22:13 Posted on Wanted 0 5

Evening ladies,

I have three younger sisters all of whom are going to be my bridesmaids (aged 22, 23 and 25). All are very different shapes and sizes. Can anyone recommend/tell me where I can buy some nice cadbury purple bridesmaid/evening dresses? I'd prefer to buy them some dresses that they could wear again after the Big Day.

Thoughts/comments greatly welcome!

Kate x

5 replies

Latest activity by KateSF, 10 of July of 2011 at 17:02
  • Zoexx
    Beginner July 2012
    Zoexx ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I am also having Cadbury purple. I got my bridesmaid dresses from www.sexyher.co.uk they are custom made and very reasonably priced!x

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    KateSF ·
    • Hide content

Hi Zoe. Thanks for the post - I had a look at sexy her and the Cadbury purple dresses look lovely. Do you know whether the material feels nice? One of my sisters still has some of her just-had-a-baby tummy and she is really anxious about wearing anything really clingy. My other two sisters are very slim and straight built, and so trying to find dresses that accommodate all three of them is becoming a bit of a nightmare! Thanks, Kate x

• Zoexx
    Beginner July 2012
    Zoexx ·
    • Hide content

Hiya sorry for late reply I thought I'd already done it!

You can order any dress in any colour and made to measure. I wentt o the warehouse in Croyden which is a nightmare to get to and tried on the dress with my bridesmaids. They are good quality. I'm getting the long one with a one shoulder flower thing on it and it was a really good fit and the material was a light chiffon. Also they told me they would do my sisters for £25 any dress because they are under 15 regardless of the fact that one of them is a size 12!

Hope this helps x

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    KateSF ·
    • Hide content

Hi Zoe. Thanks for your message - that's really helpful. The website looks a bit iffy so I'm pleased to hear that you had had a good experience. Good luck with the rest of your planning, and thank you again. Kate x

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I've got these for my bridesmaids http://www.newimagefashion.co.uk/Yve-of-London-Evening-Dress_p_42.html

The picture here doesn't really do them justice - they look much nicer in the flesh! My bridesmaids are a 12 and a 16 - the size 16 has a large chest and was worried about the shape of the dress but loved it when she tried it on. It's really flattering and although the under layer is kind off clingy, the chiffon over the top hides any sins. I'm not sure where else does them (I bought from a shop in St. Ives, Cambridgeshire). n this website the sizes are limited, but the shop that I got them from was able to order me in the size 12 in less than 2 weeks so they are still available from the manufacturer. If you're near St. Ives and want the details of the shop, let me know!

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    KateSF ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Jen. I think that having the underlayer clingy and then the light chiffon over the top is a good plan.... good for hiding sins! Kate x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics