Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner October 2013

Can a Singaporean Muslim marry a Non-muslim Filipino outside of Singapore and get PR?

ryvd, 29 of May of 2012 at 07:21 Posted on Wanted 0

My boyfriend and I are planning to get married, he is a Singaporean and I am Filipino, however we do not want to spend too much in the wedding so we want a kind of wedding just like a court wedding just to be registered as married, plus I don't want to convert to Muslim yet... I feel like I need to know more about that religion first because I don't want to do it just for the sake of getting married... We want to live together that's why we want to get married ASAP. Perhaps a court marriage where it's just me, his friend and my best friend for witnesses. But we want this marriage to be legal in Singapore so I can apply for PR too so that I can live there because he does not want to live in the Philippines... I know if you want to get married to a Muslim in Singapore, you need to convert firs and there's a lot of spending for it... he told me it can cost around 2,000sgd min. and we don't want to spend too much for that... better spend for honeymoon... His brother got married in Malaysia but I don't know if the wife can apply for PR in Singapore...

Is there a possibility for this to turn out fine? I need answers... we were planning to get married before 2013... We really need help for this one..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics