A
Beginner August 2021 Powys

Can't get hold of videographer - no video

AugustBride1994, 18 November 2021 at 10:39 Posted on Just Married 0 6
Saved

Hi, I'm after some advice to see what people would do in my position - I am at a loss as to what I can try next!

We were married in August 2021 and had the most amazing day! We had hired a videographer and he was absolutely fantastic on the day, a real joy to have around. We paid in full a month before the wedding, per the terms and conditions of the contract we signed. We had a Zoom chat in the couple of weeks before the wedding, when he said that we should have a teaser trailer by the end of September, and the full wedding video a couple of weeks later. However, none of this has materialized. I can see from his social media that he has been really busy with weddings since our wedding, but he has not updated his Facebook page since 18th October 2021.

The last two posts on his social media were teaser trailers for 2 weddings, both of which we held on the weekend (Friday and Saturday) 2 weeks AFTER our wedding. No sign of our teaser trailer. I emailed him at the end of October to see how he was getting on...no reply. I emailed him a week later, again no reply, and another email since. I've messaged him on Facebook twice, both of which have been 'seen' but not responded to. No answer when I call him and no response to voicemail messages left.

It has now been slightly more than 3 months since our wedding. The contract states delivery of a USB containing the video with 2-3 months, but taking longer does not deem the contract void. As I said, I can see he has been really busy, but I'm getting concerned at the fact that we seem to be being ignored. I really don't mind if there is a slight delay, but would appreciate him reaching out to let us know.

I'm still being really nice in all my messages and emails, because he is really talented and we love the work he does so are keen to have our video produced by him, but I don't know how to get in touch with him!

Any advice on what to try next would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks xx

6 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, today at 10:51
  • R
    Super July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·

You could try commenting (nicely) on his posts of the other videos - e.g. "what a lovely video of a September wedding - when can we expect the one of our August wedding?".

I always try to give companies the chance to respond to emails & phone calls first, but I have found that when private messages have been ignored for a few months, it's amazing what a public post on social media will do!

• Charlotte
    Expert April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·

This is a difficult situation for you as you just want to see the footage, It is also strange he has posted later weddings and is not responding to you. I hate to say it but is there a chance he has lost your footage and this is why he is not replying? It could be he has had a personal situation, but I would have thought he could have at least sent a quick reply to confirm the reason for delay. I don't want to panic you but I think you need to send him an email asking him to respond within 7 days. Don't make threats just mention you are disappointed to have had no response to your emails and messages ( include the dates) mention that you note he has posted clips of weddings done after yours so you are a little concerned as to why you have not had anything or any contact and would be grateful for a response and proposed timeframe to receive the goods you have paid for. Make reference to the contract timelines confirming the delivery of the USB, keep it polite and factual but at the end of the day he has not delivered on the contract and is effectively in breach of contract and you could, if you wanted to, seek legal advice and action should he not respond. Hopefully this may be enough for him to respond. If you don't get a response you will need to go through civil courts, which is not ideal. I work in contract law, so please feel free to DM me if you need advice or if you get a reply and want help in responding. good Luck x

• A
    AugustBride1994 ·

Thank you both so much for your replies!

Another thing that I forgot to mention in my original post - when I messaged initially at the end of October, I said that we were planning on having a get together this weekend (as in today) and were hoping to have the video for that.

As you've said, I feel like I've given him a chance to respond. I'm probably starting to really annoy him, but I'm at the point now where I just want SOME communication from him. Like you say, we just want to see the footage and if there is an issue, ignoring us isn't going to make it any better - it's just getting us more and more worked up (being a hormonal pregnant woman isn't helping either at this point).

I've written out an email to send to him, basically including all the points you've highlighted, so thank you so much for that. I really do appreciate it and I will let you know how I get on x

• Charlotte
    Charlotte ·

It doesn't matter if you are annoying him, he is a business and you have paid for the service he has failed to deliver. I really hope you get some response, especially when you had said you wanted it for this weekend, it really is poor service. Make sure you tell him you want a response by X date and if he doesn't then you will need to consider taking further action to recover your losses as he is in breach of contract, hopefully that will be enough to get him to reply. also, check your contract to see what it says in there about loss of footage etc as if that is what has happened they should have something in there in terms of refund. Please do let us know how you get on.

• A
    AugustBride1994 ·

Just to update, I sent the email and had nothing in response!

I've actually heard from another bride, whose wedding was three weeks after ours, and she has not had any contact from him either. In a way, it makes me feel better that it's not just us he's ignoring, but I think it is so unprofessional and rude. Even if there has been something in his personal life, surely it doesn't take much just to send a quick reply explaining, or a simple 'out of office' on emails.

I just feel hurt and upset at this point, I don't understand why he won't just reply. I also feel like if he was going to con us, he wouldn't have turned up on the day to spend the whole day with us, so the whole thing just doesn't make any sense.

• Charlotte
    Charlotte ·

Have you heard anything yet?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics