Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner December 2022 East London

Do you keep wearing an engagement ring after marriage, or put it somewhere safer?

Allen, 7 of March of 2022 at 09:10 Posted on Just Married 0 5

I think it is easy to damage it if I wear it often.

5 replies

Latest activity by Osman, 25 of November of 2022 at 09:17
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I am going to wear mine alongsode my wedding ring. They are fairly robust and if you think about it my mum has been wearing hers for over 40 years without damage so it shouldnt be a problem but it is your choice

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Check with the jeweller as it can vary by setting especially if you've not got a traditional diamond. I have a ruby with a diamond surround, rubies are the second hardest stone after diamond so the jeweller advised me that it's absolutely fine for every day wear but maybe take it off at the gym if I'm lifting weights.

• D
    Beginner April 2023 Greater Manchester
    Dina ·
    • Hide content

It's up to you. You can choose to keep it in a safe place and not wear it after marriage. Or you can wear it with your wedding band, so they look more attractively shining together. I wear my engagement ring together with my wedding band.

• xkimx007
    Beginner October 2022 South Yorkshire
    xkimx007 ·
    • Hide content

Obviously your choice but generally women keep wearing them together. And sometimes even add on a third when you get an eternity ring!

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I do a manual job, so I don't wear mine at work but I do if I'm going out somewhere or at home. My wedding ring never comes off, but that's plain gold, so less to damage!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics