Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner May 2023 Shropshire

dvla / Marriage license confusion

Amber, 31 of July of 2023 at 11:42 Posted on Just Married 0 2

Hello!

I'm really hoping someone can help as I'm so confused!!

I'm trying to change my name on my drivers license but it says the DVLA only accept the original wedding certificate. I don't have this and never have, only certified copies..

I called the registry office for the original and was told this is not something you are given now and that they don't give it out, only thing they can give me is a certified copy... called the DVLA and they said it has to be the original!!!

I explained the above to the DVLA and they suggested including a cover letter explaining this to try to get them to accept it... I've already changed my passport with no issues so will include this number on the application, hopefully will help them accept it.

Has anyone else had this happen to them and did they accept the certified copy?

Thank you!!

2 replies

Latest activity by James, 8 of November of 2023 at 00:45
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    My marriage certificate says certified copy and DVLA accepted it 8 months ago. When I looked into it, I thought it was saying that DVLA will not accept a copy, like if you've scanned it and printed on your own paper or took a photo of it. If you use the actual piece of paper that came from your registrar then you are fine.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I've had to give up on changing my driving licence as the DVLA refuse to accept the certified copy. It's crazy - literally everyone else, including banks etc are happy with a legally certified copy, but not the DVLA!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics