Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Dedicated October 2022 East London

Editing wedding pics

Ebony, 19 of January of 2023 at 11:41 Posted on Just Married 0 3
Hello, I got married in October and couldn't be happier with the memories of the day and the pics. The photographer was wonderful but in some, due to me finding everything hilarious and chucking my head back, really shows my double chin. This isn't the photographers fault, just me being vein. Can anyone recommend and editing packages so I can edit the pics before I put them in an album? The photographer states on his website that he doesn't edit pics which is totally fine. Ta x

3 replies

Latest activity by Retrobride, 22 of January of 2023 at 23:19
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

The kind of retouching that you are looking to do is very difficult to do and I say that as a retouching expert.

Does your photographer not even do retouching as an extra cost you could pay them for.

If you like you could send me a typical photo that you would like to alter and I can look at it for you.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Just an alternative point of view, but, if that is how you look when you are roaring with laughter, why not leave them that way?

I get a double chin when I'm really laughing heartily, and there's one picture of us where I almost have three chins. It's not the most flattering of pictures, but it makes me smile every time I see it because it reminds me how happy we were - and everyone who knows me is going to know that that's what I look like when I'm really laughing anyway. So it feels more 'real' to have the photo as it is.

Alternatively, do you have any other pictures that you feel are more flattering? Maybe just ditch the double chin ones if you have enough other photos that you like!

• R
    Beginner April 2023 South Yorkshire
    Retrobride ·
    • Hide content
    I use a free online editing program called Pixlr which is very good, but as people have said, editing out double-chins isn't always the easiest thing. But there are a lot of filters that can give photos different (and often very beautiful) looks, and some can alter the contrast and highlight different parts of the photo, perhaps making your double-chin less obvious. Good luck and I hope you end up with an album you love!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics