Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sandie
Beginner August 2024 Kent

Going rate for photographers

Sandie, 23 of October of 2023 at 02:26 Posted on Wanted 0 3
Does anyone know what the going rate for a photographer is these days. I’ve have had quotes from £600 to £1000.
So not really sure.
Any advice would be welcome as we have quite a tight budget.
Sandie

3 replies

Latest activity by Andrea, 5 of November of 2023 at 11:35
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Our photographer charged £1,000 for a full day package to include bridal party getting ready, arrival of guests, ceremony, drinks reception through to cake cutting, first dance and a little after.

RG Studios in Ashford

Looks like prices have gone up for 2024.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It totally depends on location, experience and also the package you are getting. We paid £450 for a half day midweek in South Wales which is a cheap area. An all-day package on a weekend would have cost a lot more.

I'd work out how much of the day you want covered (although if you are getting married at a popular time of year, especially at the weekend, you may struggle to find a photographer willing to do part-day coverage) and how much you can afford and go from there. Apart from your wedding rings, your photos are the one thing you keep from the day, so it's worth paying to get ones you like. Make sure you see a wide range of pictures in all kinds of lighting and weather conditions and ask to see some full wedding albums. I know at least one photographer whose website looks awesome because they've cherry-picked their best photos, but they regularly produce blurry, grainy or whited out pictures in poor light!

• Sandie
    Beginner August 2024 Kent
    Sandie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your reply it was helpful and makes a lot better of sense xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics