Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Savvy November 2022 Leicestershire

Good quality wedding album printing

Amanda, 30 of January of 2023 at 18:31 Posted on Just Married 0 8
I’d like to make some mini wedding album gifts for my parents and In-laws but the price from the photographers is a bit too steep for ordering multiple options (£250 for 20 pages).

Does anyone have any recommendations for places with good quality printed albums I could look into? I don’t mind spending up to £100 for each of them.
Thank you

8 replies

Latest activity by Timothyecorp, 11 of February of 2023 at 06:39
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    We did a hardcover album on Snapfish, was about £30 and is lovely. Is like a book so printed on pages and has leather bound cover, great value and we did one each for our parents and they loved them
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

We used Blurb for a hardback book with about 50 lie flat pages. We got it during a Black Friday sale and it was about £70. It comes in a sturdy presentation box, the printing is really good and you can design every element so we even have our names printed down the spine.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

For me to supply an album I have to pay for very good quality ones because If I go for cheap ones then the colours could be off or the contrast / saturation wrong or after a short while it starts to fall to bits and then the couple are going to come back to me with complaints. So to prevent any issues I HAVE to buy expensive quality ones.

But I have stopped supplying albums as they end up being too expensive for the couples because they can get one much cheaper elsewhere themselves. I am happy for my couples to do this and supply full res properly colour calibrated images for them to do so. And I even give advice and tell them the best place to get them.

There are plenty of online places to get them and I would suggest that you just do one small one as a test first before going for a big one but make sure its the same paper and cover or magazine /layflat option.

Also when a photographer includes an album in the cost of the package then they can look better value than one who doesn't (like me ) but I'm just guessing that a package under £1000 that includes an album will not be including a £250 album.Smiley sexy There are also those that will happily sell you an album for £250 that cost them £75.

• A
    Amanda ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The albums I can easily purchase are directly through the pic-time website they aren’t supplied by my photographer. They are genuinely £250.

You mentioned you recommend the best places to get good quality albums are you able to share these?
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Not sure how the pic-time thing works but generally with the online gallery portals I am pretty sure that the photographer will be getting money through / via it. And should also have control of the price over and above the base price to the photographer.

• K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried a Popsa? I used this website to create an album for my parents with photos of all our dogs as a Christmas gift. The quality is really good as long as you use high res images. I think I paid £35 for a hardback album with gloss pages.

• A
    Amanda ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for noting that.

Are you able to share the places you recommend?
  • Kirsty
    Curious July 2024 West Midlands
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

Freeprints and Snapfish offer photo books. You can opt for lots of different book/page sizes, plus you are in control of how many pictures per page/how many pages etc. Fairly reasonably priced to! You will always find discount codes on their app/website or by doing a quick google search. The better quality pictures you upload onto the app, the better the end result will be. I have used Freeprints photobooks a bunch of times and have always been happy Smiley smile xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics