Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner May 2021 East London

Hated my makeup/way i looked

Grace, 13 of September of 2021 at 22:38 Posted on Just Married 0 4
I had to get this out my system as everyone is only telling me how amazing I looked, but having just seen my photos I am so unhappy with how my makeup turned out. I had a trial and I asked for a soft look and even on the trial I said it was too heavy, the makeup artist said no problem I can adjust on the day. Well on the day the artist decided to put black eyeliner on my inner eye, which I would never wear as I have small eyes and a completely different dark lip colour - I even bought the lip colour she used and she didn’t remember what it was on the day. I ended up with the opposite of what I as wanted and didn’t have time to change this as everything was running late - due to everyone else having issues, I feel so frustrated! I don’t like the pictures because of this and feel like I spent a lot of money on someone who is popular on Instagram but possibly too busy to remember the trial look she did. I thought I would get over it but it’s been a few weeks and I’m still upset. Did anyone else have these feelings after and do they go away?! Xxx

4 replies

Latest activity by Victoria, 11 of October of 2023 at 22:15
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I am sorry that you feel this way and I cant really advise on what you could do as it has happened now. Try not to let it get you down, hopefully you had an amazing day and are now happily married. X

• Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    Another Bride has posted the same under a thread called Horrible Make up. I really hope you can try and put it behind you and that you had a lovely day otherwise.
  • M
    Beginner September 2021 Essex
    Mrswestern ·
    • Hide content
    My wedding was a little over two weeks ago and I had a similar experience to you. My make up ended up being too heavy and not the airbrushed look that I’d asked for. The trial had gone well, so I was really shocked and upset to find that I wasn’t happy with the way my make up looked on the day. I am trying to focus on the photos where I do look nice, and I am trying to believe people when they tell me it looked good in reality. Some pictures are really awful though, and I feel extremely angry about it. I’m waiting for the professional photos and I’m terrified that I’ll still be upset with the way my make up looks when I see them. I think we have to just try to remember all the good aspects of the day and hang onto all the positive things that people said about it. We can’t change what happened with the make up but would we change the day otherwise? Marrying the person you love is the most important thing and yes it would have been amazing if everything on the day had been perfect but life doesn’t always go that way. Sending love xx
  • Victoria
    Beginner October 2023 California
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content

My story is slightly different in that I had no trial. I had an expensive makeup artist that quit two weeks before my wedding and I scrambled to find another. I saw the new artist put HEAVY makeup on all the girls that went before me and thought I made a point to say I wore light makeup and to be specific with directions. I even had lash extensions so she didnt put dense false lashes on me like she did the others. In the end, she used dark dark black and brown shadow with no liner and no mascara bc of my false lashes and I had a beautiful fake tan that she covered up with cakey cool toned foundation. I looked sickly. Worse yet, I felt clownish which was the worst part. I remember at my first look, my fiancé rapidly scanned my face. He keeps saying he was trying to take it all in, but I knew in an instant that I didnt look like myself and he was surprised by that. I am also dreading my photos. What I’ve seen so far (unless it was in the dark) is living up to my worst expectations. No one will admit it to me, but I know I looked like a hooker.

Im sorry you were disappointed with your makeup. I know how it feels. Not very good. I think with time we will get old and wrinkly and more chunky and hopefully in a few years, you’ll forget about how your makeup looked and focus more on how happy you were, how young and beautiful, and all the people that were there who are no longer around and all of the makeup regret will be a distant memory. Fingers crossed. I see you.

Sorry girly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics