Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2022 Hertfordshire

Help - Photographer will not send my wedding pics

Charlie, 4 of March of 2022 at 09:43 Posted on Just Married 0 3

I am desperate for some advise regarding my wedding photographer. I was recommended a photographer by my father in-law (should have known then!) and quickly booked a lady who was local to where we were getting married. We paid in advance as per her request, and on the day everything went fine, she was lovely and got on well with guests etc.

The trouble started after the wedding, over two months on and we hadn't seen anything - I know this is quite normal and accepted these things take some time. I finally received access to view the images online, with the USB containing all high-res images for printing being sent on to our home address via recorded delivery.

3 months later, still no USB.

I chased her a number of times and she came back and claimed she had sent the USB and it must have got lost in the post, and that she would re-send shortly. A month later and nothing, no USB, she wont return my emails or calls and I am now worried I may never see my pictures.

The contract she provided only mentions a cancellation policy and nothing with regards to delivery of images etc.

I have a strong feeling this is out of spite, as I had expressed some disappointment with my images, for example there is a visible flash is in many of the shots as she has used the wrong frame. however I always expressed as politely as possible, I have never been rude to her.

Has anyone had a similar experience or can offer some help around my legal position on this - would be greatly appreciated Smiley heart

3 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 8 of March of 2022 at 17:05
  • xkimx007
    Beginner October 2022 South Yorkshire
    xkimx007 ·
    • Hide content

How awful and unprofessional! What did your contract say in terms of the service? Was it for a photo album, USB or just digital online for example? Also, can you download them from the online access she gave you if needs be?

• H
    Dedicated May 2022
    HappyGoldBridesmaid18836 ·
    • Hide content
    I’m so sorry to hear this. I’m not a legal expert but it might be worth contacting Citizen’s Advice. Also, making a claim through the small claims court might be worth considering to get your money back.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

I" have a strong feeling this is out of spite, as I had expressed some disappointment with my images, for example there is a visible flash is in many of the shots as she has used the wrong frame."

When you say visible flash and she has used the wrong frame what do you mean exactly.

It does sound odd that she would be withholding the full images because you expressed some disappointment in what you saw on line.

They could quite easily of got lost in the post twice but i have no explanation as to why she is ignoring you.

Is she still trading - posting on facebook etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics