Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SunnyPinkFlowers90486
Beginner September 2021

Hi All,

SunnyPinkFlowers90486, 15 of September of 2021 at 09:35 Posted on Just Married 0 6
We've just gotten married but the big hiccup we had on the day is the wedding cake was still frozen in the middle of all three of the layers. It meant at cutting time, we couldn't cut through it to our dismay. The venue coordinator later was able to chop some pieces off but it wasn't enough for the guests. It was delivered at 10am and we cut the cake at 7.15pm and it was left out the whole time. The cake maker is refusing to refund us a portion of the cost. I sent her a video which was taken by the coordinator to show how it was frozen. We threw away the frozen portions and she is saying that that invalidates her insurance. I basically think she is fully trying to get away with this and take no responsibility for taking away my only memory of my wedding day cake. Her communication to me is to question me and my evidence and not accept what I have said and shown her. Can I do anything here other than roast her through reviews? Thanks.

6 replies

Latest activity by Littlemy, 15 of September of 2021 at 16:58
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

So sorry this happened, not what you wanted on your day. Did they tell you in advance the cakes would be pre made and frozen? If not then I would say you have a case as you would not have expected it to be frozen. You could take legal advice if the contract didn't stipulate this and therefore they have not fulfilled their obligation, I am not sure though if this would constitute legal frustration. Is a tricky one and not sure if taking it further would result in a refund. either way, as a business owner she should be making some sort of offer as the cake was not fit for purpose. Maybe speak to CAB and try and negotiate with her, failing that then an honest poor review would be reasonable, just keep it factual. Good Luck x

• SunnyPinkFlowers90486
    Beginner September 2021
    SunnyPinkFlowers90486 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. Its strange because the cake lady is saying it wasn't frozen and once made, was placed in the fridge and not the freezer. She said it was fine when she left it at the venue at 10am. Clearly it wasn't. My venue didn't move the cake and also, why would they. So I feel like the caterer has made a mistake but won't admit it. She also is being quite accusatory by saying she googled thawing times even for cake and if the cake was frozen, it would have thawed within 8 hours. And then saying why did I throw away the frozen cake portions. It was my wedding day, I didn't think as the bride, my first thought on my day would be working out if I need to keep the frozen unedible sections. We made a video to show the frozen section and she even questioned if it was fake as the video file name was dated as the following date as I saved it to my phone the day after and so my phone date stamped it like that.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmmm.....I suspect she knows she made the mistake and did freeze them but wont admit if hence her deflection to you. Sadly, I think in this case you will have to cut your losses, which is not ideal but the only other thing would be to threaten legal action but in all honesty it is not something you can prove and from a legal standpoint this is not likely to go anywhere as it would be you as the filing plaintiff to show the burden of proof, which where there is no clear evidence of fault just your word against hers and vice versa, which will not be sufficient evidence. Try not to let it get to you, move on and enjoy your mew married life

• SunnyPinkFlowers90486
    Beginner September 2021
    SunnyPinkFlowers90486 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think you're right. I dont want to start my marriage on this sore point so best to just move on. I can only do my best to write an accurate review of the supplier and let others book her at their risk! Thank you all for listening and the advice!
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You are welcome l, write a review and don't get emotional just state facts and move on x
  • Littlemy
    Dedicated April 2022 Kent
    Littlemy ·
    • Hide content
    I would be so angry if this happened to me, errors happen but she should take ownership of it. I would leave reviews and pictures/videos on every social media platform going. Hope the rest of the day went well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics