Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Savvy March 2022 East London

How do i legally change my surname? uk based

Louisa123, 14 May, 2022 at 18:21 Posted on Just Married 0 2
I got married last month, how do I legally change my surname? Google has got me so confused

2 replies

Latest activity by Lera, 23 September, 2026 at 16:20
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Report
    • Hide content
    • Reply
  • Lera
    Beginner July 2026 East Central London
    Lera ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    If you’ve taken your spouse’s surname after marriage, you usually don’t need a deed poll just to start using it. Your marriage certificate is normally the evidence linking your old and new surname, including when updating a British passport.

    I found this article useful when I was reading about surname changes and the paperwork involved. It’s written mainly for UK nationals dealing with a name change abroad, but there’s still some useful information on the process and documents:

    https://consultantlm.uk/consultant-article/changing-your-surname-abroad-a-uk-nationals-legal-guide

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics