Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Agnieszka
Beginner August 2023 East Sussex

i hated how i looked :(

Agnieszka, 22 of August of 2023 at 11:31 Posted on Just Married 0 9
So we had our amazing day 4 days ago. It was everything I could ask for and more. Dreamy and magical. I have never felt so much love and people are commenting on how much in love we look.

But I hated my wedding dress. I didn’t like it from the start but I paid for it and then just went with it as everyone was saying how good it looks.
I was on a diet to make it look less tight and then it was too big and falling off. I wanted a timeless, classy look and I look frumpy and vulgar.
I hate myself for spoiling memories of the perfect day Smiley sad
i hated how i looked :( 1
i hated how i looked :( 2
i hated how i looked :( 3

9 replies

Latest activity by David, 1 of December of 2023 at 07:40
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I mean this kindly, but if the sight of these beautiful photos is making you 'hate yourself', can I suggest that you seek some professional help? We all struggle with self image from time to time, but if that struggle is impacting how you view your wedding day (which you say was "everything I could ask for and more.") then it really is time to reach out to someone for help in dealing with this. Don't let the lies that your brain is telling you about your looks spoil your memories of your wedding day or cast a blight over your early days of marriage.

You were a beautiful bride. I hope that one day soon you are able to see that for yourself. Sending you lots of love x

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    I agree with above! That top photo is so amazing and elegant and the other one is a little fun with your sunnies and a caught in the moment one on the end! They’re all lovely! I am sorry you felt this way about yourself but this will eventually eat you up so I would also go see about this. We all see ourselves in a selfie form everyday of our lives. And when you see yourself how everybody else sees you we are like what?!!! Which is natural but to not like yourself on your wedding day is so sad. But I can guarantee you in 10/20 years when you look back on these photos you will be wishing you looked the way you did then now. I know you feel down but forget about the photos at the moment and just think of how the day made you feel! ❤️
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    You literally look so beautiful x
  • J
    Savvy April 2024 West London
    Joanna ·
    • Hide content
    I'm saddened to hear this. I think you look very beautiful if I'm honest. Your dress is stunning. I don't like photos of myself and I'm not looking forward to wedding photos. Its all about the negative images we have of ourselves. Its internal. Externally you look wonderful. I bet your husband thought you looked amazing
  • B G
    Beginner August 2023 Suffolk
    B G ·
    • Hide content

I am also so sorry to hear this, but rest assured, you are not alone! We also recently celebrated our wedding ceremony this summer of 2023, and although it was a beautiful day filled with joy, family, and fun, I couldn't help but be shocked when we received our photos back from the photographer. We couldn't believe it. After spending hours reading reviews, sending emails, carefully selecting our photographer (and paying that photographer a premium price) we couldn't believe that we were left with a bunch of unflattering photos that look like they had been taken with a mobile phone. We felt like fools who had fallen victim to the instagram-filter-photographer generation. We even had the perfect place in our living room picked out to decorate our new home with joyful photos from our special day. My advice is to not let yourself be consumed by your sadness (and never again hire Rachel from Your Beautiful Adventure photography Smiley winking We are going to repurpose that empty space, and fill it with photos that we've taken ourselves after taking a photography course together as a newly married couple! Best of luck in your newly married life together.

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your wedding. You look beautiful.

None of us are really completely body confident. There were a number of my wedding photos where I thought I looked enormous but that's OK. I'll look back in a few years and I'll look past that.

• Katie
    Beginner September 2024 Staffordshire
    Katie ·
    • Hide content
    I can understand your feeling this but I can honestly say from my view, you look so beautiful
  • R
    Beginner May 2022
    RomanticPurpleDecor36280 ·
    • Hide content

I can totally understand how one can hate their looks due to some deep inner reasons, but you look absolutely gorgeous in these pictures and I'm sure you were even more beautiful in person! I really hope you feel better now, and just to cheer you up I'd like to add that my makeup was a mess on my wedding day. I wanted it to be light and it ended up making me look so washed out that I literally had to ask our photographer to put some digital makeup on my face in Photodiva, so that I would look a bit brighter Smiley xd This is a story I tell everyone for laughs now but it felt like a big problem back then! I hope yours will be the same funny anecdote you're telling your friends one day, too.

Sending hugs!

• David
    Beginner January 2024 Lancashire
    David ·
    • Hide content

You still look stunning tho!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics