Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ian
Beginner December 2024 Aberdeen & Deeside

Ideas to propose to My girlfriend

Ian, 20 of January of 2024 at 23:35 Posted on Wanted 0 4
I've been with my girlfriend for 2 years we have one boy together and she is 2 month pregnant just now I want to propose to her and am looking for ideas to make it special.....help me please

4 replies

Latest activity by Gertrude, 7 of February of 2024 at 20:19
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Ian! Amazing!!! It all depends what she likes? Personal in the family home with your little boy? At a meal at your favourite restaurant? Would she want an audience? Where your first date was? Somewhere thats special in both of your hearts? Think about your girlfriend and the things she loves and that’s a huge first step. Good luck! And congratulations when it happens!
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You really need to think about her and what she would like. Some people like a fancy proposal in a big restaurant with lots of others looking on. Others would absolutely hate that and would prefer a simple proposal at home.

Picking the site of your first date or other significant place is often popular. Has she ever commented on someone else's proposal story? An "I can't think of anything worse" or "How romantic!" will give you an idea of what to go for and what to avoid.

Three things to consider: Avoid a public proposal/proposing in front of friends/family unless you know 100% that is what she would like. Avoid anything too complicated (e.g. a proposal that involves her being in a precise location at a precise time for the proposal to work out) because the risks of something going wrong are huge. If you are planning to propose with an actual ring, make sure it's either a cheap stand-in or that you can exchange it for what she wants later and make sure she knows this. I've heard far too many stories of women who end up with rings they don't like, but they feel bad about telling their OH as they feel it sounds ungrateful.

Good luck with your planning!

• Ian
    Beginner December 2024 Aberdeen & Deeside
    Ian ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for the response and your idea's it is much appreciated 👏
  • G
    Beginner August 2025 Essex
    Gertrude ·
    • Hide content
    Hi there,
    My other other took me totally by surprise and proposed at my baby shower in front of my other kids, close family and friends, was best surprise ever x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics