Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S

My wedding day was a disaster

SunnyOrangeDecor693, 9 of October of 2016 at 08:37 Posted on Just Married 0 1

Hi,

Il try and keep this as short as possible and not hire you with he intricate details.
My husband and I got married last year. It was a very stressful time as weddings always are but we had two young babies who were 9 months and 2, so planning was stressful and I only had 9 months to plan which sounds a long time but it's not when you have two young children but it was the only time we could get married and it was important to us.
On the day I was utterly exhausted with no sleep the night before, I had issues with my dress on the morning, the photographer did not show up and neither did my hairdresser, most of all my parents were supposed to fly back from new york 2 days before the wedding and were stuck in N.Y so they could not attend my wedding.
However I carried on and tried to make the most of it and The ceremony went like a dream considering.
Come the night time I feel it all went down hill, my husband was with his friends having a great time, I was looking after the children and try to keep everyone happy, I felt worn out, no time to top up my make up which had now slided down my face due to running around with two children.
Finally at 11pm the bar had shut and my beautiful babies were asleep and child care was arranged, my husband thought it would be nice to go to a club to finish of our celebrations, my husband and my friends thought it would be fun to go out in my wedding dress to celebrate the occasion so I did, I wanted to keep everyone happy So I went along with it.
Fast forward to the end of the night We ended up in a sweaty club In London with my wedding dress on I finally saw sense, I just wanted to go back to my hotel room, everyone was having a great time my husband playing pool and I was sat there uncomfortable and pleasing everyone else, in the end I left with my husband and upset that that was the last memory of my wedding day.
Fast forward a year my husband apologies for the way our wedding night ended and said I should look at the funny side it was something different, info see his point but I am disappointed in myself that I went along with the fun and games. It was fun for everyone else but it was not their day.
I think having dreamt about this day my whole life it just was not how I envisaged.

1 replies

Latest activity by lucyjo, 13 of October of 2016 at 11:44
  • Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Oh no that's sad you feel like that. I think everyone has a regret as so much pressure and time goes into wedding planning and something is bound to not go to plan. Have you thought about a renewal? It doesn't have to be big just you and your parents as they missed out? If you visit ny you could even do it there?

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    lucyjo ·
    • Hide content

Did it really take a year for your OH to apologise?? That's such a shame that you have sad memories of what should have been an amazing day Smiley sad Obviously there's nothing you could have done about your parents missing it, or having the children to sort out, but the clubbing thing at the end takes the biscuit! I know what you mean about going along with things just to keep the peace. In hindsight we think why the hell did I do that?? But at the time you just get swept along by the force of other people's personalities! Don't beat yourself up about that.

Personally I think your hubby should plan an amazing anniversary treat for you to make up. A lovely holiday for the two of you perhaps, or a party with your close friends and family. Your OH has a point about trying to look on the bright side, as there's nothing you can do to change the past....but there's no reason why you can't start making happier memories right now! He owes you one for the pool thing ?

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics