Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Dedicated October 2022 East London

Name change

Ebony, 23 of October of 2022 at 17:06 Posted on Just Married 0 1
Hi all, hubby and I finally tied to knot last week what what can only be described as the most perfect day.
My maiden name is double barrelled and I'd like to keep it and add my husbands name but I'm wondering if I should keep my maiden name as professional name and asd my husbands to official documents. Has anyone done this? Is it too confusing?
Please, no comments about how its too long. I love my maiden name and what it represents from my family. Ta x

1 replies

Latest activity by Anonbride, 25 of October of 2022 at 11:56
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ยท
    • Hide content

I'm not already double barrelled but I recently spoke to someone who kept their maiden name with husbands added as their legal and professional name, and used their husband's name for general life (restaurants, local holidays etc). I'm copying this idea!

I'm in quite a close knit industry where you often come across the same people as you move companies, and my name is on a lot of documents, so being Chloe Lastname Husbandsname for work helps maintain my reputation so I definitely think it's worth doing for that reason - especially if I were to return to a company but the team has changed, my work would still exist and the people would be able to easily make the connection that I'm the same person who did that work I'm just married now.

I'm planning on being Chloe Husbandsname for pretty much everything else, we'll be Mr & Mrs Husbandsname and our future kids will take his name (with names in honour of my family as middle names).

I know that's not quite what you asked, but I hope it helps to hear of someone doing something similar!

P.S. Congratulations!!!!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics