Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2014

~ photographer (or student) in Rotherham wanted for free or cheap~

MegaExcitedB2B!, 17 of July of 2012 at 22:02 Posted on Wanted 0 9

Hi all.

Was looking for a photographer and am sick of being quoted the earth for 2hrs!

So, was thinking any students or such like wanting experience and expanding portfolio for free or cheap price. 12th July 2014?

9 replies

Latest activity by mariannechuaphotography, 23 of February of 2013 at 18:26
  • karenanne229
    Beginner October 2013
    karenanne229 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I'm totally with you...it's so expensive! Hope you find one

K

• Rhys Parker
    Rhys Parker ·
    • Hide content

It might be worth asking closer to the time, as a student in 2012 probably won't be in 2014.

The above assumes your ok with the possibility of crappy images on which is usually a very important day.

• Perfection Weddings
    Beginner March 2012
    Perfection Weddings ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

My husband is currently learning to be a photographer we live in derbyshire so would have to charge you how does £150 sound he will be happy to stay for about 4 hours x

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    coolartist87 ·
    • Hide content

I would be happy to do it for £100 (basically the cost of traveling). I can send you some images of a wedding I partially photographed last weekend as well. e-mail me! Ashleymerrithew (@) hotmail.com - put photography in the subject header Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner July 2014
    MegaExcitedB2B! ·
    • Hide content

It is still an important day, but can't justify paying extortionate prices when you'll come out with the same amount of photos with not much difference in the standard...I also think it quite rude to assume that just because I've asked this question (which isn't definite or set in stone, may I add) that they're going to be 'crappy' and that I won't care.

• M
    Beginner July 2014
    MegaExcitedB2B! ·
    • Hide content

When does your husband complete his photography..? If at any stage you want to post me a few of the images he's shot, that would be great! Thank you x

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't think Rhys meant it as a dig, or was suggesting that you wouldn't care, I think he just meant be prepared for the possibility that the results may not be fantastic- as that's what you potentially open yourself up to when asking for a student or someone new to photography.

My only advice would be just to keep in mind that there will be and there is a clear and distinct difference in the quality between professional and non professional images. If there isn't then the "professional" isn't doing their job properly. It's a term which is thrown around too loosely unfortunately- so if you do opt for a pro just be extra careful who it is and make sure they're worth the extra money Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner August 2014
    lorecuore ·
    • Hide content

I think that you should have a professional photographer for the big day... It is a very special day and I really want to get good photos...

• M
    Beginner July 2014
    MegaExcitedB2B! ·
    • Hide content

Does your husband have any shots of his work that I could look at please..? Or even to send me some to my email ***********@***.*** Smiley smile thank you x

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Try your local uni photography course/photosoc. Also google "student network photographers" there's a site with all the students. I do also echo the sentiments that it might be better to try nearer the time. I had to pick up a wedding recently from someone who had got a student for £200, but the student bailed on them the month before, they didn't have a reputation to protect and they didn't have any qualms about leaving them in the lurch. Even if a student sounds keen now, as they won't be a student by next year, I would worry whether they'd stick to the deal

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics