Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Savvy August 2022 Greater Manchester

Post wedding blues

Anna, 29 of August of 2022 at 12:36 Posted on Just Married 0 3
It's been over a week since our wedding and it was amazing but I am hit by such bad wedding blues.

I am terrible at dwelling on the past and I keep getting upset at family photos that I know I didn't get. I had a dress change to a modern but traditional Chinese dress for the wedding breakfast and for whatever reason I didn't factor this in for a second round of group photos.

Has anyone else felt this way? It really keeps playing on my mind and I'm not sure how to get over it.

3 replies

Latest activity by Sara, 6 of September of 2022 at 08:21
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    I feel your pain - the post wedding blues are a very real thing! I found it a real struggle to go from all the planning/crazy exercise schedule and general busy-ness to it all being over so quickly. I’ve found keeping busy and focusing on the good bits really helps (and constantly looking at the photos). Also, allow yourself to feel down - it’s a legitimate feeling and it can help to recognise that and be nice to yourself). Time is also the best healer (and being married is great too!).

With the photos, I’m sorry you don’t have the second set but you have the first dress ones and all the happy memories. Maybe you could plan to wear the dress at an anniversary party and take photos then?
  • A
    Savvy August 2022 Greater Manchester
    Anna ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks for your kind messages, I think I just needed time to process. It might seem a bit crazy but I am contemplating a post wedding shoot with that dress... it won't be the same but it might help me move on a bit!
  • Sara
    Curious August 2022 Surrey
    Sara ·
    • Hide content
    I got married on 27 August and in the 5 days that followed, both our Grandads died. Such terrible news and brought us both down with a bump. Whenever I get chance I sneak away from all the funeral planning and house clearance chats, and take a look at the photos. We used an app called PhotoCircle and asked all our friends to upload photos to it. You can do it anytime so every so often I get a notification and a new batch of photos. I also find that reflecting on the best chats I had that day, the people who really got into it and were on the dance floor etc. Some I haven't seen in years so I've started a 'to do' list of people to visit and have started making plans to do so. Organising something fun as an outcome of the wedding seems to help Smiley smile also you could go and get some photos printed and pop them in frames around the house, maybe do some crafts - I am thinking of making a collage of the wedding stationery and confetti etc.
    it's sad it's all over, I agree, but the fact that it happened is so amazing. Sending big hugs!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics