Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner November 2013

Venue threw away my cake

Jaime37, 12 of December of 2013 at 16:07 Posted on Just Married 0

Hey all I'm just wanting a little advice and just wondering what you think about my situation?

We got married on 30 November and had a wonderful day, everything went really well, but we'd arranged for the wedding cake to be cut and taken out with the buffet so that guests had the choice to eat it during the buffet as a dessert as we had a 4 tier chocolate mudcake covered in belgian chocolate ganache and then iced and decorated so thought it would be a nice cake to have as a pudding. The buffet was put out at 9pm and it was only 11pm that I noticed the cake hadn't been put out with the buffet so I spoke to one of the caterers who subsequently brought out 3 trays of cut up cake, which was the 2 bottom tiers. Unfortunately by this time the majority of people with young familys had left so hardly any of the cake was eaten and noone had taken any home with them as they didn't know about it. So there was pretty much all of the cake left, So the following morning we went to collect a few items from the venue including the cake and we found that they'd saved the 2 tiers that hadn't been cut but had thrown all of the other cake away without giving us the opportunity to see if we'd like it so that we could hand it out to family members and friends. Because we've complained to the venue about this they've told us that we've treated them really badly and have been very unfair to them and have showed no sign of being sorry about what they've done. They don't seem to appreciate that it was their fault that noone got to try the cake because they didnt bring it out and that this was an expensive wedding cake that they had no right to throw away as it didn't belong to them and have made us feel bad about mentioning it to them.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced anything like this?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics