Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ExpensivePinkBridesmaid52137
Beginner June 2020

Vow renewal?

ExpensivePinkBridesmaid52137, 19 of March of 2021 at 22:20 Posted on Just Married 0 8

Hi. My wedding day was supposed to be may 2020, but has been rearranged several times due to the pandemic. So me and my fiancee decided to just get married with us and two witnesses and then plan a big vow renewal (sort of do over) next year like we planned the first time. But lately I have been wondering, would the vow renewal feel as special as the original wedding we planned even though we would already be married, or should I cancel the small wedding and wait till later this year and have a wedding like we planned the first time? (I hope that makes sense)

8 replies

Latest activity by Emma, 31 of August of 2021 at 02:45
  • Eleanor
    Beginner August 2022 West Midlands
    Eleanor ·
    • Hide content
    I would have the wedding that you truly want. Why sacrifice it?
  • ExpensivePinkBridesmaid52137
    Beginner June 2020
    ExpensivePinkBridesmaid52137 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you ?

• Eleanor
    Beginner August 2022 West Midlands
    Eleanor ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome enjoy your special day?
  • T
    Dedicated September 2021 East Central London
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    Hello, we are having a small ceremony on our original early May 2021 date, then a vow renewal and big party in a year or so’s time. I think the vow renewal will feel just as special, as you’re doing it - and declaring your love and commitment to each other - in front of all your friends and family, not just the very small number as per the small ceremony. So I say go ahead and do both!!!! Smiley smile
  • ExpensivePinkBridesmaid52137
    Beginner June 2020
    ExpensivePinkBridesmaid52137 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou, that really helps!!
  • Rhi
    Beginner July 2022 Staffordshire
    Rhi ·
    • Hide content
    We were due to have the big say so to speak too, but in June 2020 but decided to get married at a registry office last summer and are now planning an even bigger and better party for 2022. Everything has worked out even better this time around! The main thing is that you're married, which we didn't want to hold off. I think you should do both too as you can still see a few people after you legally marry?
  • E
    Savvy August 2021 Central & Glasgow
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    We did this!
    It was just as special if not more because we could finally have my family there. We still kept it relatively small but we're allowed to dance. You get to wear your dress twice too!!
  • E
    Savvy August 2021 Central & Glasgow
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's what we did Smiley smile Aug 2020 and then we had our "actual wedding" Aug 2021 as 2020 was just us and witnesses. Both were very special and meaningful dates.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics