Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

VJ
Beginner February 2027 Central & Glasgow

Vow Renewal

VJ, 8 of December of 2023 at 11:16 Posted on Just Married 0 2

So my Hubby and I got married in 2022, we had a med sized wedding with 70 guests, but covid loomed and kind of put a dampener on our day. My Husbands mum didn't show, due to her testing positive to covid the night before. And a lot of the day was about that and how sad it was and covid. There was also a number of things we did to make family happy instead of doing it our way as much as we tried. And we had to cut so many guests just to have family get who they wanted, and there was a bunch of friends missing too. Hub and I also had the covid weight on us so the photos aren't our fav

My question is would it be weird, or greedy for us to want to do a vow renewal (similar to wedding but no sit down meal or speeches, just ceremony canopies and dancing) on our 5 year anniversary. I want to do Bridesmaids (I know I am no longer a bride but attendants sound really weird), my hubby wants a groomsman. We really want to do the ceremony, and morning again, but just have photos prior.

I may be over thinking as we want no gifts we just want to celebrate how we wanted it to be, and I wanna wear my dress in the way I wanted without the opinions of family fringing it.

Long short - we want a casual 'wedding' vow renewal, as there was a bunch of drama from our original. Is this greedy

2 replies

Latest activity by VJ, 8 of December of 2023 at 14:05
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

As long as you're paying for it and not expecting presents, I don't see how it can be called 'greedy'. Most folk who got married during the pandemic didn't get the wedding they planned, so I expect there will be a lot of delayed celebrations and/or vow renewals a few years down the line.

• VJ
    Beginner February 2027 Central & Glasgow
    VJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My hubby paid most of our wedding too. I only paid a bit of it. Due to my ill health. So I'm paying for it ALL. We don't want gifts, just a celebration and the bits that were our fav. Smiley smile

Thank you for that. I think its my brain being overly active

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics