Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner January 2012

Wanted Free Photographer and Videographer for Wedding at Clearwell Castle - Wedding Venue of the Year

tjbird, 27 of August of 2012 at 19:50 Posted on Wanted 0 4

Hi All

My cousin is getting married at Clearwell Castle on 23rd November 2012, his budget is really tight and therefore is after a free photographer and videographer for his special day. Clearwell Castle is stunning and has won numerous awards, please see below:

http://www.countryhouseweddings.co.uk/clearwell-castle/

Therefore if you want to enhance your portfolio and really want to show off your skills at this stunning venue

Please email me ******@****.**.**, I know when we got married, we had loads of responses, therefore you may wish to highlight your skills by sending some photos you have already took

Thanks

Tom on behalf of Angela and James

4 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 11 of October of 2012 at 03:07
  • C
    Beginner January 2012
    coolartist87 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there Tom,

check e-mail; I sent you a message yesterday Smiley smile

Regards,

Ashley

• SimonWatsonPhotography
    SimonWatsonPhotography ·
    • Hide content

Hi TJ,

Clearwell is fabulous, but beware of taking on a photographer with no / little experience who is willing to work for free. Wedding photography is like most things - you get what you pay for (usually!).

I always suggest to my couples that they should budget about 10% of the wedding costs for their photography, as a guideline. After the cakes been eaten and the guests have long gone, the one thing you will have to remember your special day is the photography, and do you really want that to be second rate?

If you are interested, I have a special offer running on my wedding packages until the end of September, and Clearwell Castle is within my area, so I'd be happy to discuss with Angela & James their options with my recommended packages.

Best wishes,

Simon.

• chrisdevphoto
    chrisdevphoto ·
    • Hide content

Agree with Simon 100%

I wouldn't risk not paying for a quality photographer at such a venue

• Rhys Parker
    Rhys Parker ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

+1

They are playing with fire on one of their most important days. Statistically the odds are against them getting decent pictures.. so it's likely that when they look back, they'l realise it wasn't worth saving a few bob.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

?

At the original post!!!!!

Don't assume that good photographers are desperate for work at any cost simply because its an alright venue....If all their budget went on the venue, perhaps they should have been more logical about all of the vendor elements that make up their wedding day....what is being asked is a bit like going on a decent holiday with no spending money and still expecting to get the best out of the experience...........

That all said, I hope that they find an ok tog.(as I always want the best for couples)......although it is likely that the full dynamic of the day will not be best captured .....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics