Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lea
Rockstar July 2023 Kent

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023!

Lea, 12 of July of 2023 at 14:24 Posted on Just Married 2 14

We finally got married on the 1st July 2023 after a year of planning. A first for the both of us - a bachelor and a spinster as we would have been called back then!

A little bit about how we met. My husband and I were born on the Isle of Sheppey 52 years ago. We first met in middle school aged 9 years old. We were in the same class for 2 years until I moved away to Ashford. We had no contact until Facebook came along many decades later. We never met and only liked each others posts occasionally. Then 6 and half years ago we saw each other on Tinder. I swiped left and he swiped right. He then had to contact me on FB and the rest is history.

We got engaged in 2019 and had planned to marry in 2020 and then the pandemic got in the way. Originally we were only going to have 2 witnesses at the local register office and then do a simple party after we got back from honeymoon.

Post pandemic we decided to change our plans and get married at a venue in front of our loved ones and hold the party at the same venue and on the same day.

It was a perfect day. We bought lots of umbrellas a week in advance as rain was forecasted so the umbrellas must have been good luck as we didn't get a single drop of rain. Phew!

Here are some pictures sent by friends. We are still waiting to get back the official photographer's pictures.

The celebrations kicked off 3 days before the wedding when guests started to arrive from Denmark, Germany, Spain and even Hong Kong. We took our guests to local pubs in Ashford on the Thursday and Friday which was great so that people could get to know each other beforehand.

We were had 50 guests at the wedding so it wasn't a big wedding. The venue was Willesborough Windmill with a barn next door which was rustic but lovely. We had so much to do including decorating and setting up the day before.

The ceremony was very emotional as I wasn't sure whether my parents could make it. My dad who turned 90 the week before had been ill in the 2 weeks run up to the wedding. Luckily he was well enough on the day to walk with me and attend a short while.

Everything was perfect about the day even the best man losing the wedding rings. I've just had to order new ones from the jewellers. We had to borrow 2 rings from guests. Mine was from a young girl who had a ring from Peacocks!

After the wedding we went camping on the Isle of Sheppey at Eastchurch for 3 nights. It was very romantic. We had the whole campsite to ourselves for the first night. It had torrential downpour on the second night but it was we enjoyed it. To finish off the week we rented an Airbnb on the South Kent coast at Littlestone with a spectacular view of the sea.

Now back down from Cloud 9 as we are 3 days into 'normal' life until we go on our honeymoon on the Amalfi Coast in September!

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 1

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 2

Being hugged by the celebrant

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 3

Guy and I with groomsmen and bridesmaids

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 4

Just married

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 5

Putting on my dancing shoes

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 6

Guy's huge family and little sister and mum and dad and bridesmaids

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 7

First dance - how deep is your love - Bee Gees

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 8

Banoffee semi naked cake

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 9

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 10

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 11

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 12

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 13

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 14

Friends

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 15

Clifftop camping in Eastchurch Isle of Sheppey

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 16

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 17

Airbnb Littlestone Kent

We finally tied the knot on 1st July 2023! 18

Littlestone sunrise from the Airbnb

14 replies

Latest activity by Nick, 3 of October of 2023 at 12:23
  • Vicky
    Savvy July 2025 Essex
    Vicky ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lea,

WOW........your wedding looks like an amazing day. Huge congratulations to you both, it will be a huge bump falling down from cloud nine I'm sure. You looked incredible and what amazing news with the weather. LOVE the choice of shoes (I'm certainly doing the same) . I hope your day was everything you dreamed of, the hard work is clearly seen.

Thank you for all your help on here I really have got some great ideas from some of your posts and replies, you now have even more knowledge to share with us lot on here.

Enjoy some rest now and look forward to that trip, i will be looking forward to more pictures xx

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    This is AMAZING!!! I got goosebumps reading this! I’m so glad you both had a wonderful day. What a beautiful bride and groom! Amazing pictures! Keep staying on the wedding train as you’ve still got your other honeymoon!!! We’re here to share your excitement and I’m sure your friends and family too! What a wonderful wonderful post! x
  • A
    Oregon
    Articicezephyr ·
    • Hide content

Wow! Congratulations to the both of you!

• Laura
    Dedicated July 2023 Cambridgeshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations Lea! So lovely to see how your big day turned out - you're clearly so happy, and you looked a stunning bride. Thank you for sharing all the little details, it makes it so personal. You have been so engaged and supportive on this forum, it's so generous of you. Wishing you and Guy all the happiness in the world!
  • M
    Dedicated October 2023 Greater Manchester
    MrsM2B ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations to you both. It looks amazing and you look beautiful. x
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

How did I miss this? Congratulations on your beautiful wedding. You both look radiant, it's a joy to see your faces in these pictures. And your honeymoon locations looked amazing too. Wishing you many years of happiness together. (And I can thoroughly recommend first-time marriages in middle age Smiley love Ours was a first time wedding too, in our 40s/50s)

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Vicky,

Thank you so much for your message. I've been meaning to reply to the messages in this thread but got lazy. The wedding day was perfect. I really was on cloud 9 for days afterwards. How is your planning going? Excited?

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Shay,

Thanks for your kind message. Just got back from honeymoon in Italy. It was good but not as good as the minimoon due to the excitement after the wedding and the momentum. I'm glad we did both the minimoon and the honeymoon. How is your planning going? Not long now. It will whizz by!

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for your kind message. Back to usual life now. Need something else to obsess over :-)

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. I loved contributing to this forum. Have been neglecting it a bit as I sort of lost momentum after the wedding.

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. I really did enjoy myself and was well pleased with the hairstylist and MUA in the end. I loved the dress I chose too.

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. Yes, I believe that as older people we have had more experience in life and know what to expect in a relationship and understand that it's not all about the love bubble in the first few months of a relationship.

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. I would get married over and over again to Guy as I enjoyed the day so much. Unfortunately can't afford it. Maybe in a few years time to renew our vows.

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! Italy! One place I would love to go! So glad you both have had a lovely time on both! We will be doing exactly the same and I get it with the momentum etc! My work colleague is back today from her honeymoon and I can tell she’s so sad it’s all over! 😢 We have booked everything! I can’t believe it! Just the wedding rings, bridesmaid dresses and groom and groomsmen left!!! Save save save! But Ofcourse the car has broken down and we lhave expensive dental apps this month! 😂😂 it all comes in 3s! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics