S
Beginner October 2020

Wedding Disappointment

SunnyGreenStationery2779, 12 January 2022 at 19:01 Posted on Just Married 0 2
Saved
I got married last October and ever since the day have felt this overwhelming sense of disappointment and hatred for the day.

We had to postpone from 2020 and I can’t help think that that wedding would have been exactly what we wanted. We were lucky to rearrange with all suppliers however our venue went from one wedding a week to four and it felt a bit like we were just another wedding churned out on a conveyor belt, which is exactly what we didn’t want (and not what we paid for)
My first dress fitting post lockdown I went home and cried telling my OH how much I hated it, but instead of doing something about it, I convinced myself I was being silly. We have just got our video back and I hate it so much, and I just can’t seem to get past it. I also didn’t realise how big I was and I can’t help but look at the videos and just feel disgusted at the sight of myself. Also my hair looks really frizzy and just awful.
The flowers weren’t what we had discussed with our planner, the drinks reception drinks felt like they were watered down and I just feel really let down by it all. Our venue asked feedback, which we gave (in a really nice way I might add) and they never came back to us and all in all has left a bad taste in our mouths.
I’m trying to be positive but we waited such a long time and it was such a let down. I’m not looking for sympathy as I appreciate we are very fortunate to have got married and technically in the way we had planned but it just wasn’t what I had imagined. I wanted to feel beautiful and instead I felt frumpy and fat, and I thought I’d be still floating in cloud 9 from the “best day of our lives” but when anyone mentions it I want to run and cry in the toilet at how much I hated it.
I’m not interested in doing a redo of the photos and I know I should be focusing on how I feltOn the day but the disappointment I’mFeeling is blocking any happy memories of the day.
Has anyone else felt like this? If so, how did you get over it? My OH is being really supportive but he’s upset because I’m upset and again it should have been the “best day of our lives” and it’s turned into the worst.

2 replies

Latest activity by HappyGoldBridesmaid18836, 15 January 2022 at 08:09
  • Charlotte
    Super April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·

I am sorry you feel this way, it is so hard as i feel so much pressure is but on the Big Day and the slightest thing can make you feel it was not perfect. I would say you need to concentrate on the positives, in that you are now married, as you say, you were lucky to be able to do it. Did any of your guests complain? I bet they all had a great time and were happy to be part of your day. As hard as it is, you cannot change it and constantly over thinking it and beating yourself up is not helping. Your Hubby loves you for who you are not your size and that is all that should matter. I really think you need to try and forget it and move on, set yourself some goals to focus on, if you want to loose weight an maybe you could look to do something special on your anniversary like a couples shoot, not necessary in your wedding outfit, but it will give you something to aim for. I get it is easier said than done, but please try not to let it control your feelings ever day, you have an amazing life ahead of you to look forward to with your Hubby so don't let one day bring you down. I really hope you can find a way to get out of this funk and concentrate on your future together

• H
    Dedicated May 2022
    HappyGoldBridesmaid18836 ·
    I’m so sorry to hear this. I think there is so much pressure for our wedding days to be the most perfect day ever, especially for those of us who have had to delay due to covid,
    It sounds like your being too hard on yourself. Did any of the guests express any concerns? Try to focus on the positives, you were able to get married to your husband.
    Did the hotel have 4 weddings on on the day you got married? Or 4 in the same week? We’re facing a similar situation. However, with all the cancellations over the past 2 years I don’t blame the hotel for fitting people in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics