Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner September 2024 Central & Glasgow

Wedding guests cancelling on the day of wedding - very upset

Charlotte, 17 of September of 2024 at 14:24 Posted on Just Married 0
I got married on Saturday - the day went well.

One issue I am struggiling to process and think clearly about has been people who cancelled at the last minute.
I was very, very upset on Friday evening after cancellations of a family of three (at 6pm) and another friend with a plus one (at 7pm) Both sent texts. I have not replied to either. Reasons were they have colds and did not want to spread it to others at the wedding.Another cancelled at 11am via text (friend and her husband) due to a headache on the day of the wedding as I was getting ready. I have not responded to her either.
Another plus one cancelled as there was no dog sitter and another plus one cancelled as his father was unwell. I did not mind these two and both called me and explained and I was understanding.

I still feel very hurt and disappointed by these cancellations. I have gone out my way throughout the course of our friendships to always be there for people to attend their celebrations, birthdays etc. I have started crying again thinking about it.
I am just sad more than angry. Our wedding was £300 a head which I appreciated was our choice.
Does anyome have any advice about how I can put this into perpective and move on? I do not want to speak too much to my new husband about it as he knewHow upset I was and I do not want him being more upset too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics