Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria

Wedding review!!! 😬❤️

Shay, 30 of July of 2024 at 15:32 Posted on Just Married 1 3
Oh my I already posted this but it did not post for some reason. So I will do it in little sections!!!

It is also coming from a very poorly sick lady with food poisoning in Mexico! 🤮 but hopefully this is the tail end!!!
Our wedding day, where do I begin……..
45 minutes sleep the night before, I was so so excited!
Hair and make up arrived at 6am. I made everyone a platter for breakfast with cheese and croissants. I got a little nervous so ended up having a few Prosecco’s to soothe my nerves. It was the best morning. Photographer and videograper arrived at 9:30/10 along with our dog chaperone. The best person we ever asked to attend our day. She was amazing and felt like a friend. Our little dog loved her so much. We did a dress reveal or whatever it is called and then the cars arrived, 12:20 for my bridal party and 12:45 for myself and my wonderful nephew who I could not be anymore proud of for walking me down the aisle……

3 replies

Latest activity by Shay, 30 of July of 2024 at 15:52
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Our driver was amazing, he offered us both mints and water so our mouths were not dry and he was wonderful and spoke to us the whole way checking in.

5 minutes to the church our driver stopped and he put the roof down as it was a lovely morning and I started to get nervous. My nephew was amazing, he spoke me through it and we arrived at the church and it began to trickle. It was lovely. I saw our beautiful dog and I got emotional. We all head to the church door and our vicar does the most beautiful prayer.

I remeber seeing a few people I loved at the door and then it was a blur. I didn’t get emotional strangely but I remember thinking wow all these people are here for us. My wonderful fiance looked amazing and the service was amazing too. I can’t describe the feeling it was great.
    We head out and greet everyone and get lots of photos.
    The drive to our venue was amazing, our best men were behind us, we didn’t know and they took a lovely video of us…….
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    We arrive at our venue and it’s exactly how we imagined. The violinist was playing, very upbeat. The welcome drinks are flowing, garden games are being played Everything is perfect. I remeber telling myself enjoy it all, enjoy the moments and I did.

We ran behind on schedule by 45 minutes and we didn’t care, everyone was having fun.
    The speeches were amazing! The best men did us both proud! My brand new husband did me so proud. I can’t keep saying enough how amazing the day was. It was honestly the best day ever ever ever.
    The food. Oh my!!!! It was amazing!!!!! So tasty! I had lots to eat. Everyone kept saying you won’t eat. We most definitely did!
    The heavens opened, let me tell you I was so glad it rained!!! It poured! This is coming from me who was scared it rained you DO NOT want a hot wedding day!
    Night time arrived and everyone was tipsy and mingling and the band and the dj was amazing! We had a 4 piece band, Dj, saxophonist and bongos. It was so so good……
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    We cut our cake and had our first dance which was not awkward at all! We are not the slow dancing couple. But it was wonderful.

We honestly had the best day. I know everyone says this but the room was genuinely filled with love!!! Everyone mingled. Everyone was kind!!! Everyone just loved everyone. Our venue owners even said they couldn’t believe how amazing everyone was and that was so lovely to hear. The dance floor was filled all night! We provided sunglasses, fans etc, they all went down a treat!
    I can honestly say these silly things we worry about are minuscule.
    My dress was black. My little dog used my dress as a bed, I walked him around everywhere. I loved it. It poured. Dont worry about aunt petunia you’ve not seen in 10 years, if you don’t want her there it’s absolutely fine.
    We would not change our day for the world! We loved every second.
    Our guests have been messaging saying they couldn’t believe the things we had thought of as they knew it was connected to us. It was beautiful.
    The last thing from me is please be kind to the people you hire, I couldn’t believe the wonderful emails I’ve got since the wedding just saying thank you for being a kind bride! It really got me.
    I have really enjoyed this forum over the last 2 years and I will continue to use it as I want to see how all of your days go.
    Good luck and enjoy. From a very happy (but sick) newly wed! ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics