Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner January 2025 East Central London

Who should pay for the wedding rings?

Aaliyah, 5 of March of 2022 at 05:26 Posted on Just Married 0 3

My friend said she wanted to propose to her boyfriend, she thinks it doesn't matter if the two people are very much in love. What do you think?

3 replies

Latest activity by Forever, 7 of March of 2022 at 08:11
  • N
    Dedicated May 2022 Somerset
    Nathalie ·
    • Hide content
    I proposed to my boyfriend. We had talked about marriage so knew it was something we wanted to do, it turns out he’d been planning to propose a few months later, but I beat him to it 😄
  • xkimx007
    Beginner October 2022 South Yorkshire
    xkimx007 ·
    • Hide content

Women can absolutely propose! I don't see any issue with this. However she should definitely try and get a gauge from her boyfriend before she does this. Some are old fashioned and would feel very emasculated to be proposed TO. Or may feel like that would be treading on his toes if he's already planning something lol.

• W
    Beginner January 2023 Co Londonderry
    William ·
    • Hide content

Tradition has it that each person pays for the other person’s ring. So in a traditional wedding, the groom or his family would pay for the bride’s ring, and the bride or her family would pay for the groom’s ring. But now couples might not be concerned with tradition. You can choose with your love together, choose a wedding band you both like. If you paid for engagement rings, your love can buy you wedding bands. I know a brand name Darry Ring can only customize engagement ring for one only love, my friend bought his wife an engagement ring from Darry Ring, and she paid for their wedding bands at that website. And they can always check the gifts they bought for each other on their couples' account. I think it's a pretty good way to express love and marriage. Giving and sharing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics