Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2010

Woodhall Manor - Has anybody recently been married here?

sarahjflavin, 12 of June of 2009 at 21:05 Posted on Just Married 0 4

I'm considering Woodhall Manor as potential venue for my wedding next spring but have a few questions that I'd love some input on, from anybody who has had their own wedding there. Any information would be very much appreciated as I am currently living outside if the U.K. and am trying to choose a venue long distance!

1. From the photos I have seen, the room within the Hall for an indoor ceremony looks a little plain - has anybody out their held their ceremony in this room and do you have any comments on it?
  2. An alternative is to hold the ceremony outside with the option of erecting a "capri marquee" by the dovecot if the weather is a bit questionable. Has anybody done this and if so, how did it work out?
  3. They have quoted a GBP8 corkage fee per bottle of wine, which seems high to me when compared with other venues. has anybody successfully negotiated this price downards, and if so, how low did you go?!

Any other insider information that anybody has on this venue would be great.

Thanks
Sarah

4 replies

Latest activity by Tim Driver, 29 of December of 2009 at 18:33
  • ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

We are considering looking at this venue too (you are talking about the one in Suffolk?!?!)

I know that Kelly29 got married there a month or so ago.....put a post on Wedding Planning for her.

x

• kelly29
    Beginner May 2009
    kelly29 ·
    • Hide content

Yes ! I got married there last month!

We had our ceremony in the Dovecote. We were lucky in that we had good weather, so we didn't use the "sail" (as I believe they call it), but everybody commented on how nice it was to have the ceremony outside.

I have to admit that we didn't negotiate on the corkage as we felt it was better value to go with their drinks package. They did end up throwing in a few extra bottles of prosecco for the reception drinks and they gave us an extra four bottles of wine free for the wedding breakfast. They simply told us a few days before the wedding that they were giving this to us; we didn't have to ask.

Here's my photos if it helps. When you enter the site, click on "client proofing" and then the password is crawford.

Woodhall Manor was my absolute dream venue. We hired the Manor for the weekend and had our friends and family stay with us, and everybody loved it. It now holds really special memories for me, and I wouldn't hesitate in recommeding it to anybody.

If you want any recommendations for local suppliers I would me more than happy to help. I don't come on this forum very much so if you want my attention give me a shout on Wedding Planning or Baby Talk

xx

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhhh, just the lady!

My Dad recommended it to us and wants us to have a look (don't think he's keen on the marquee) so we're going to go and view it.

eeeeeak! Good luck!

• D
    DominicHudson ·
    • Hide content

I would imagine the place you're having the reception can give you some recommendations. I would also do a search on Pardon That Vine You’ll have all clear in your head after you browse the site. I'm really impressed. I think you should try this. Hope it will help you.

• T
    Tim Driver ·
    • Hide content

I Photographed a wedding there late september, the wedding was in the local church but the reception pictures are all of Woodhall Manor - Boys getting ready is at Aldeburgh.

http://www.driverphotography.co.uk

Tim

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics