Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlie
Beginner August 2024 East Sussex

1 room venue decorating

Charlie, 8 of September of 2023 at 12:18 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all,

I need some help please. My Fiancé and I have booked our reception venue this will be used for our wedding breakfast and our evening celebrations as we hope to get married in a church. The issue I have is that the venue is just 1 room. We will not be able to get into the room until 10.00 AM the day of the wedding to decorate. Between the wedding breakfast and the even reception I would also like the room to look different but don't really want to be doing all this myself. We are trying to keep our costs down so I am not sure how I can achieve this. Any tips or company's people could recommend that are reasonably priced would be appreciated. We are in East Sussex area (Bexhill on Sea to be precise).

Thanks

Charlie

3 replies

Latest activity by SL WaltonJones, 7 of November of 2023 at 09:22
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you just have the one room, then I think it is going to be tricky to change the decor midway - what are you going to do with your existing guests while you do that?! I'd just decorate for the whole day in one go - I've never been to a wedding that has changed the decor for the evening, and to be honest, no one really notices the decor half as much as you think they will anyway.

• Valyria
    Savvy October 2026 West Sussex
    Valyria ·
    • Hide content

Hi Charlie,

I think this is going to be difficult if I am honest. most receptions do not change decor between the day and evening, and even professional companies don't tend to offer this in with a package as they have a lot of different weddings to prep for.

our decorators for example are allowed into the venue at 12am to decorate for the following days wedding and then they don't come back again until midnight to clear up ours and set up for another wedding (if they're doing the next one) the only thing we're changing from day to night is the lighting because we purchased a lighting and draping package from our decorators, though this was a big expense so it's not ideal for a cautious budget. (we only just made it work for ours and we had to forgo some other things to get it)

sometimes the staff at the reception venue can do a small room flip, but if I am being honest I don't think it's worth it for all the work/stress when chances are a lot of guests won't even notice.

• S
    Dedicated July 2024 West Midlands
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    I think it depends on what you mean by you wanting it to look really different. If you mean moving the table and chairs around so you can have a dancefloor, that's doable. You might even find that guests will chip in and help (if you ask in advance). If you're wedding is in the summer there's a good chance for nice weather so maybe guests could go outside for 30mins to 1 hour and you arrange some entertainment (magician, musician, garden games etc) , whilst the room gets turned around. Check with the venue with what they suggest. As previous posts suggest, if you are wanting to redecorate completely then that's really not necessary 😊 saves a job then

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics