Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2017

10 person discrete wedding

HappyBlueStationery581, 7 of June of 2016 at 21:14 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all,

I am hoping to draw on your wedding knowledge to help me put together a small discrete wedding for me and my fiancée Emma.

We are looking to have a very small/ discrete wedding somewhere in the south west doesn't matter where. We were going to do it abroad but some of our family members are not that well so cannot fly.

It will be a very small ceremony just close family 8 adults and two children (aged 3 and 5). Really do not want much of a fuss just a ceremony and small meal in may June next year

Can anyone recommend 1) a location where we can get married and have a small intermittent meal?

2) a nice location for a civil ceremony and then go to a hotel / restaurant.

We are looking for the wedding to be the start of a traveling honeymoon, our priorities are that we just want to be with each other and do some traveling rather than have a big expensive wedding.

We are going to have a large party with all other family and friends back in Cornwall after we come back from travelling. Also later on in life we plan to have a blessing in our local church .

Thanks for reading and if you have any advice thoughts please let me know

Cheers

Alex

1 replies

Latest activity by 2BMrsC, 9 of June of 2016 at 22:21
  • S
    Beginner May 2017
    SunnyIvoryCars560 ·
    • Hide content

We found that local councils have a list of licenced wedding venues (we were looking in Wiltshire or Somerset) on their website.

This would probably be a good place to start as the smaller venues may not advertise as much as the larger ones.

We don't live near where we are marrying (his family do) so this helped us narrow down options.

Cath

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine had a very small wedding at Banwell Castle in North Somerset- pretty much just the bride and groom, their parents and siblings.

The Castle is a folly rather than an historic castle but is rather lovely in a sort of shabby chic comfortable way- the gardens and views are gorgeous too! I've eaten there (in The Gatehouse Restaurant) once and that was very nice and they do a very good cream tea if that appeals! It might be worth looking into as I don't think they have 'minimum numbers' or 'minimum spend' type rules.

I love the idea of such a small and intimate wedding... much as I'm looking forward to my 'medium sized' wedding there are times when I wish I'd stuck to my initial plan of a very small guest list!

This is the website if you want a look!

http://www.banwellcastle.co.uk/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics