Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

GMT
Beginner December 2008

10-minute hair dye - have you tried it?

GMT, 10 of June of 2009 at 14:08 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

I tried one of the new kits (L'Oreal, I think) that claims to dye your hair and give 100% grey coverage in just 10 minutes at the weekend. It left my hair in nice condition, but the colour wasn't very strong, and it was hopeless at covering the grey - so I was disappointed with the results. I'll be reverting to my old 30 min kits , I think ...

Has anyone else tried the new kits? Did they work for you?

9 replies

Latest activity by Mrs Bloom, 10 of June of 2009 at 23:28
  • Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

Perfect 10 is rubbish, greys came back very quickly.

Excel10, after first condemning it because it turned my hair black I have now come around to. Mum put the colour on a few weeks ago and I've only just started noticing a bit of grey, I'd definitely use it again but would choose my colour wisely. I've got very dark brown hair and went for the natural dark brown. In the future I think i'll try chocolate brown.

• flailing wildly
    flailing wildly ·
    • Hide content

I used one recently - Garnier Herbashine?

The colour came out nothing like it was on the box - much darker - but the grey coverage seemed ok (although it said 60% grey coverage, not 100%).

• Carrie74
    Beginner June 2007
    Carrie74 ·
    • Hide content

I tried the Nice N Easy 10 min jobby and it was rubbish - grey came back in a couple of weeks. Then tried the L'Oreal 10 min jobby and have been really pleased (twice so far). It leaves my hair reeeeeaalllly shiny too. Have always been imprssed by L'Oreal - before this I was a slave to the Feria colours.

• IncaPinca
    IncaPinca ·
    • Hide content

I used the excel10 last night on a friend - it looked black when it was on but came out a lovely warm brown.

IPx

• B
    bobbly1 ·
    • Hide content

I've got 2 boxes upstairs (have thick hair!) but haven't used yet.

My probably rather silly question is, does it stop developing after 10 minutes, as it will take about 20 minutes to put on all my hair, and I don't want to be multicoloured!

• Carrie74
    Beginner June 2007
    Carrie74 ·
    • Hide content

Oh - I start my timing from when I've finished application (admittedly my hair's quite short and fine, so application doesn't take that long...).

• HeidiHole
    Beginner October 2003
    HeidiHole ·
    • Hide content

I start timing when application is completed too, although I always do the stubborn grey first so it has longer to work.

I use the Perfect 10 and top up with a Boots Root Kit every 3 weeks. My grey is really bad but I cant justify a salon hair colour every few weeks, so home hair dye a go go it is.

• T
    Beginner August 2004
    tinkerbull ·
    • Hide content

I've used the L'oreal one and the perfect 10 one. I have loads of grey hairs (thanks Dad!) and found the l'oreal one to be better, although I've had to use perfect 10 recently as my local tesco don't seem to stock the l'oreal one. I've got a perfect 10 one upstairs but am a bit worried as its darker than the one I've used before.

Has anyone used the perfect 10 dark brown before? I will probably hate it. I want nice hair for the party I've organised for my H's 30th!!

PS I can't afford a hairdresser to colour mine either although to be honest my sister does the home colour for me and it looks just as good

• Roobarb
    Beginner January 2007
    Roobarb ·
    • Hide content

I tried Perfect10 but it looked shyte within a couple of weeks.

I have far far too much grey now ☹️ I have started getting highlights at the salon which looks better than a whole head colour when the grey comes through.

• M
    Beginner March 2009
    Mrs Bloom ·
    • Hide content

A 10 minute kit is always going to be a 'semi-permanent' colour - so if you have a lot of grey, or stubborn grey hairs, they don't stand a chance of coverage. Don't waste your money, just buy a permanent colour. (They need 30-45 mins development time depending on brand)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics