Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lofty86
Beginner October 2012

11 Weeks to go, Feeling deflated and lost my mojo :-(

Lofty86, 21 July, 2012 at 20:48 Posted on Planning 0 6

Evening All,

I was hoping for a good kick up the bum and just wanted a little vent!

11 weeks today until the wedding and i feel very deflated with it all.

We've had a tough 10 days. My other half and 2 1/2 year old son were involved in a car accident last week. My son spent 2 days in hospital and had to go into theatre to have his eyes checked as he had been hit in the face.

Thankfully both of them have made an amazing recovery and are now in the clear. :-)

Trying to throw myself back into the final wedding preperation and i just cant seem to get going. I need to shave money off of the wedding budget as we havent been able to work for the last 2 weeks and my car had a £400 mot bill! i'm panicking that we will run out of money. It was all going to be sorted and saved by end of the month so we didnt have to worry for the last 2 monts.

I feel like I have so much left to do and its a the little bitty bits like chasing rsvp's, ordering underwear, deciding on background music, gifts, deciding on menu choices etc!

Wedding planning should be a fun and exciting time and at the moment it just feels like such hard work.

Sorry for the not so happy post on a Saturday night!!

Kat x

6 replies

Latest activity by BatsGirl, 27 July, 2012 at 20:02
  • Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

We are date twins!!! I hadn't realised!

Right then...

First things first, I'm really sorry to hear about the accident but so glad that everybody is ok now, I know it's set you back time wise and finance wise but the main thing is that the men in your life are both fine now.

Secondly, today has strangely been a bad day for me too- I had a bit of a melt down this morning and cried for about 2 hours non-stop! I just felt really overwhelmed by everything we have left to do and like you- I've been really worried about the money but after my cry, I oddly feel better about it.

At the end of the day- this time in 11 weeks we'll be married to the men of our dreams, we just have to remember that whilst all the little extra's will make our days extra special and beautiful, it's really just about making that commitment to our boys and becoming man and wife!

Have you made a list of what you've left to do? I made one at the beginning of July, listed it in a big long list and then broke it down into jobs for July, August, September and Week before the wedding. It really helped breaking it down. Don't know if that's something you could try maybe.

Don't worry- it'll all be alright on the night!

x

• mandij87
    Beginner August 2012
    mandij87 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Hun, sorry to hear about the accident, but good news that both your boys are ok and in the clear.

I had a blip a couple of weeks ago where it was all just too much and w getting to me. I sat down with oh, wrote a list of everything left to do, and broke it down across weeks to get it done. I'm almost finished now and much more positive. I have this weekend and next weekend and then it's should all be done in time for stag/hen do and then the wedding on the 25th.

Dont panic, sit down, write a list and break it down. It will be fine I promise. As for the money side of things, if there is anything left that you can make yourself, do it. It will save loads.

Big hugs! Xx

• Lofty86
    Beginner October 2012
    Lofty86 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your responses Ladies. Hi date twin!

Has a much better week. Took a few days off wedding planning and spent some quality family time together :-)

Spent ages working on my list last night and it feels so much more achievable.

The other half is hopefully getting a new car tomorrow and my little boy is back to his normal, bouncing around the room self :-)

On a more exciting point, its my hen night a week Saturday :-)

Kat x

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

So glad that you are feeling more positive Lofty and that your son is back to normal too!

We are also date twins for our hen do's too! Mine is 4th August as well! What are you doing for yours?

• Lofty86
    Beginner October 2012
    Lofty86 ·
    • Hide content

Wow! hen twins too! :-)

Me and 5 close friends are off to a spa hotel for the night. I'm not a big partyier anymore so wanted something nice and chilled. Cant wait.

What are you doing? Do you have much left to organise? Im hoping to get some serious wedding stuff done over the weekend as my parents have taken our son on holiday for 2 days. (miss him like mad though!)

Kat x

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds lovely! I'm not a massive party goer either tbh, there are 12 of us (including my Mum and MIL2B) going to see the matinee of the Dirty Dancing Show, then we're going for a chinese in the evening and a couple of drinks, staying overnight and coming home on the Sunday. Bit excited now! Smiley smile

Not too much left to do, well nothing major anyway, lots of little fiddly jobs but at the moment I feel relatively calm. I'd feel better if the people who haven't RSVP'd yet would get their bottoms into gear and flipping answer us though!

Yeah, definitely make the most of being child-free this weekend, it will be so much easier to get stuff done.

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

Wow, why do we do this to ourselves?! I've been in tears a lot the last few days mainly because I think I will look rubbish and won't enjoy it as I didn't love the hen do. I know I'm being silly but really, we should all be enjoying ourselves in the run up but every bride I know gets in a state! We should take a leaf out the men's books for example, playing golf all day 6 days before we leave for the wedding and having not packed a single thing!

Anyway, hope you're feeling better now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics