Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kentish Gal
Beginner July 2013

11 weeks to lose 2 stone

Kentish Gal, 20 of April of 2013 at 09:54 Posted on Planning 0 58

I am a total idiot Smiley sad

I don't know what will happen if I don't fit in my dress but it will be my fault entirely!

Everything has been so tough and we've been moving around and not had access to kitchen stuff a lot, and ten days in USA eating American-sized portions, plus lots of social events etc.

I HAVE to do it, I'm just not sure how to be as focused as I know I can be when I'm exhausted, trying to unpack our things in to the new home and leaving one job and starting another and catching up on wedding tasks. What a doofus.

Any miracle hints would be very welcome, I've spent too much on the wedding to afford liposuction!!

58 replies

Latest activity by SarahW73, 7 of June of 2013 at 12:30
  • suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

Oh no that sounds really difficult, everything you've got going on. Don't be so hard on yourself.

I'm almost finished 30 Day Shred and although I've only lost 4lbs I've lost 2 inches off my waist and busy and 1.5 inches off my hips. Definitely worth trying!! It's a 20 min workout you do every day and it makes such a difference to your shape. Te DVD is around 27 mins long when you include warm up and stretches.

The 5:2 diet apparently works really well and it quite manageable - you have 2 days a week (not next to each other) where you eat maximum 600 calories, and other days you eat normally but healthily (I.e. don't eat masses of chocolate, sweets, cr@p). I haven't tried it as I just count calories, but do some googling about it and see what you think.

• Linz160
    Beginner November 2013
    Linz160 ·
    • Hide content

Last minute things like juicing (7lbs in 7 days) and Shrinking Violet wraps will help in the week or two before the wedding, but are not long term sustainable solutions. I'd recommend upping your protein intake and reducing your carbs, swap white carbs for brown, eat soups and plenty veg to fill you up and drink water. Up your exercise where you can, resistance / circuit training are bet for building muscle which helps you burn fat quicker too.

• katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

I did something similar. It just hit me I have 9 weeks till the wedding. Don't panic though. Think small. 2lb a week means you'll loose 22lb!! (I'm a maths genius I know) and like others have said in the final week have a wrap and do juicing. Im doing weight watchers and writing everything down and tracking it. Then the last week ill have a body wrap etc.

Ive been swimming at least twice a week too.

You can do it just don't think 'argh 2 stone' think a healthy 2lb a week. Good luck.

• F
    Beginner November 2013
    FutureBright ·
    • Hide content

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    HAG13 ·
    • Hide content

Protein advice is great. I have recently acquired a personal trainer, hand on heart the best money spent. He's taught me about my diet, helped educated me with food choices in addition to helping me tone. I've been going 4wks, weight wise only lost 1.5kg but I'm 2 holes down on my belt, feel and look good. I go to the gym 3 times a week, an hr session for each, have 80g protein a day and have cut out all the rubbish. Best thing I have done. I'm now back to the size I was this time last year and so chuffed with myself.

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    minuet ·
    • Hide content

Echo others, increase protein, NO carbs other than from starchy veg and you will easily lose what you need to.

Breakfast: Scrambled egg, tomato and steak/salmon

Snack:full fat cottage cheese/sliced meat/handful almonds or cashew

lunch: salad with protein (tuna,salmon,cheese,meat) -veg and pork chop - chilli mice-stew etc

snack -as below

dinner -chicken stir fry, meat & veg, prawns & chorizo, fish and cauliflower cheese

i have lost and kept off 3 stone following this type of high protein low carb diet

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    minuet ·
    • Hide content

Should say, once you have beaten sugar and carb withdrawals (about 4days in) your insulin is stabilised and you won't ever feel that ravenous hunger or craving for crap food again (until you eat 2scoops of Baskin & Robbins ice cream as I have just done!!!)

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

You're not on your own hun. My eldest daughter is my CBM and was adamant I buy her dress in a size she could shrink into. She seemed dead set on becoming more active and adapting her diet. She knows very well what she should eat to help her weight loss and bought a pushbike for getting to work and back every day. She even registered her car as SORN! Having 4 months to lose the 2.5 st she wanted seemed highly doable- she does drop weight easily when she applies herself. However, she got a puncture, hasn't bothered repairing it and now her fella drives her to and from work or she catches the bus. I've noticed her eating crappy foods lately and we now only have 62 days for her to lose the weight! She's still certain she can do it but it is worrying me that she is dragging her heels. TBH it wouldn't bother me if she didn't achieve it, other than having the stress of finding an alternative dress, but I know she would really kick herself for it.

My niece has just joined SW, my mum did fabulously well on it, so I think daughter and I may sign up to it too.... I'm not really too fussed about losing any weight (maybe 5lbs or so ) but think the support from being in a group may be really helpful. Coupled with exercise, especially now the weather is a bit better, I think 2 stone in 11 weeks for you is achievable. Besides, I think seeing initial results helps drive you on to lose more. Also, you may find it better to work in smaller numbers. Maybe by saying xlb/week rather than thinking in terms of stones, it may not be such a scary prospect.

Good luck with it hun.... Keep us posted on your progress and we are always here for some moral support xx

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

If there any possibility of stretching to a personal trainer? I did it through my gym as a one off bought 10 sessions and really sorted me out. Once a week. Worked really well.

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Try Celebrity Slim - it's a shakes and bars diet (very low carbs, high protein). I did it for my sister's wedding last year and lost about 12lbs in around 2 months. I didn't do much exercise and went to Las Vegas on her hen weekend in the middle and pigged out all weekend too so I think with a little more effort than I put in it would work well for you.

Good luck! x

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Slimming World!! Was amazing for me. 4 stone in 7 months!

What I loved is the amount I could eat. Never went hungry and more importantly, I was able to eat everything I like. If I had to cut out things I like to lose weight, then I wouldn't loose any!

• carter89
    Beginner May 2013
    carter89 ·
    • Hide content

I've been dieting for 3 weeks now and lost 6lb + 1/4 just eating healthier, cutting out crisps and chocolate and using a power plate x

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What is a power plate?

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Oh Ladies, it's so nice not to feel alone!!

Slimming World, as of now I am attending twice a week. They don't let you do that but I have moved so I have an ID at one address and one at the new one. Cheeky, but hopefully it'll help. The thinking being that when I weighed on a Thursday I would always have a little sneaky cheat day (or 4) across the weekend and then blow it. So I plan to weigh Mon and Thur so I am only ever 4 days away from the scales. It's a conscience/focus thing.

30 day shred. I LOVE this workout. I got OH to set up the DVD player in the bedroom at the weekend ready for this, and then didn't do it! I must, must MUST do this every day.

No alcohol. I bloody love wine. I planned to cut it out. Then Saturday we went out for a friend's birthday, I drank 2 bottles wine across about 7 hours, and we invited everyone (a dozen) back to show off our new house, and ordered kebabs and pizzas...

I have been eating much lighter (apart from Sat night) and feeling wayyyy (weigh?) better already. I was on some sort of stuffathon prior to last week and it was making me feel pretty rotten.

I didn't make yesterday's weigh-in because I had the bridesmaids round to try their dresses on for the first time, but my home scales say I have dropped 7lbs in 7 days so I am kind of looking forward to going tonight instead.

I need to get stricter about the food. It's the organisation I am poor at. Things are so hectic with the house, wedding, I'm in the middle of changing jobs too (my leaving do is a meal and drinks out Friday night - oops!). I find it hard to escape the office, tired and emotionally wrecked, with wedding stuff and unpacking to do, and think 'Hey! I'll pop in to Sainsburys and buy some healty food'. Plus, OH is mostly the chef... I LOVE jacket potatoes, I can have them every day, in different guises. I have been like that since school - do I need to cut them out? If so, what can I substitute them with? It took me years to accept that bread could not be a daily event for me - I LOVE BREAD. I have mostly given it up, but potatoes filled that gap. If potatoes go I just don't know where to turn, lol!!!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I am mostly having salad, tuna, beans, egg mayo, grilled chicken, bacon, omelette, slimming world chilli, etc.....

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

What juicing diets would people suggest for week before?

I may end up resorting to this too.

• rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

I echo everyone else with the high protein diet, always good when your excercising heavily aswell. One tip I would give is aswell as weighing yourself, take measurements of waist, stomach, hips etc. Sometimes I stay the same on the scales but I have lost in inches as muscle weighs heavier than fat.

If you have a love for potatoes (like me) then you could substitue normal for sweet potatoes. They taste great and you can do all the same things with them such as jacket, homemade wedges etc but they have better carbs so to speak. Another thing is to substitute white rice and pasta for brown and try to only have 50-75g and they are best eaten after a workout. I have been making homemade soups in large batches and freezing them. Great for a last min snack or work lunch as you just grab one out the freezer and they are cheap and easy to make.

you could also incorporate weights into your workout as they are a really effective workout. You can do a shorter workout and it will be the same a long cardio session. Plus when you do weight exercises you burn more calories afterwards.

another sneaky tip is to put cinnamon in as many things as you can, it stops the build up of fat around the middle Smiley winking

sorry....go a bit carried away with my post!

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Kentish have you considered Clean 9 Detox?

Don't know a great deal about it but you are supposed to lose between 7-14lb in 9 days...

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What the...?!?!

I'm there!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

9 days + 21 days minimum. Right now I'm not sure I could commit to a 30 day anything.

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Kentish you don't have to go onto the second part, you can just do the 9 day detox which gives you good results, apparently.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Ooh. I could do 9...

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Maybe do the 9 days before the wedding, you might be more motivated to stick to it and it means if it does all go back on after it won't be as such a big deal?

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Ha, just thought... we've got our pre-wedding ceremony (legals and lunch with parents) 8 days prior to the wedding-wedding. Maybe I'll do it leading up to that and then hope that sheer nervous energy keeps me in check for that last 8 days.

Do you know someone who has done it?

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

No, just seen a few people talking about it on my Facebook feed (they are doing it at the moment). So don't know anyone to vouch for the results.

I know someone who sells it who said they lost 8lb in the 9 days but that is it.

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What is it about a trainer you would recommend, is it just because they actually make you do exercise ? or something else? thanks x

• Linz160
    Beginner November 2013
    Linz160 ·
    • Hide content

Check out the Juicemaster's 7lbs in 7 days - you can get books or the apps. I lost 6lbs in a week (from 9s8lbs) and was at no time hungry.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

8 days in, 9lbs off. Nearly wet myself at Fat Club. Still, shows I was stuffing myself worse than a foie gras goose until recently. Now to start the exercising and give up the wine....

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Amazing! Well done!

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know people that have done it. Depending on how much you need to lose you do drop at least half a stone.

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Did they put it back on? Smiley smile

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's brilliant, so pleased for you!

I'm feeling your pain. I've been trying to lose weight for almost a year now & after initially losing a stone in 7 weeks, it's taken me the rest of the time to lose another 10lb!! Drink is my enemy. I started to struggle last Summer cuz there was just one thing after another between birthdays, hen do's & weddings. It was October before I managed to get my *** together again & I lost another 12lb. Over Christmas & New Year I put on half a stone & just keep going up & down! I'm currently 2lb off being back to my pre Xmas weight. I'm hoping to achieve that this week then I've got another 2lb to lose & I'll finally hit 2 stone off!

I'm not getting married for almost 5 months but I'm going to Magaluf in 8 weeks with a load of mainly skinny friends! I could have lost loads by now so I'm gutted but at least I'll have just over 3 months to do the last push for the wedding when I get back. My original goal was 5 stone off by my wedding but I think it's going to be more like 3-3 1/2!

Good luck hun xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics