Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kentish Gal
Beginner July 2013

11 weeks to lose 2 stone

Kentish Gal, 20 April, 2013 at 09:54

Posted on Planning 58

I am a total idiot I don't know what will happen if I don't fit in my dress but it will be my fault entirely! Everything has been so tough and we've been moving around and not had access to kitchen stuff a lot, and ten days in USA eating American-sized portions, plus lots of social events etc. I...

I am a total idiot Smiley sad

I don't know what will happen if I don't fit in my dress but it will be my fault entirely!

Everything has been so tough and we've been moving around and not had access to kitchen stuff a lot, and ten days in USA eating American-sized portions, plus lots of social events etc.

I HAVE to do it, I'm just not sure how to be as focused as I know I can be when I'm exhausted, trying to unpack our things in to the new home and leaving one job and starting another and catching up on wedding tasks. What a doofus.

Any miracle hints would be very welcome, I've spent too much on the wedding to afford liposuction!!

58 replies

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Some did, some kept most of it off. It depends how you behave afterwards! I think it's a bit of a quick fix thing so ideal to do in the last 2 weeks before the wedding!

• mandunc14
    Beginner July 2014
    mandunc14 ·
    • Hide content

For toning up, and making yourself feel good, I TOTALLY recommend Jillian Michaels DVD's. I can not believe how well they work. I watch them the first day and think "No way in heck can I do that" then just a few days later, I do it too! I find within 2 weeks or so I can already feel the definition in my arms and general toning.

Im trying to lose 22 lbs by end of July. 2.6 gone so far lol. And by mid June I will start with Jillian's dvds. For now I want to focus on cardio so that when I do tone up it will be more noticable.

Good Luck!

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

You def don't need to detox now! Smiley smile

I might do the juice one close to the wedding!

• fishface
    Beginner October 2017
    fishface ·
    • Hide content

Exercise and cutting down meal sizes has helped me alot. At meals I eat slowly so I know when i am full and hold back when I just want to taste the food again. Cut out carbs as much as you can, portion everything.

In the past if I have needed to drop a pound or two in a few weeks, I stopped the beer and yeasty things as they bloat me, drank soya milkshakes. Sounds grim but they are actually REALLY nice! I had a carton of that and for snacks blueberries. It has fibre in it so helps to fill a hole. I just ate fresher and stopped eating when I was full.

Eating breakfast helps stop the craving for sugary foods later in the day and gives your metabolism a kick start too. Try muesli, no sugar, I find the raisins give it a nice sweet kick.

Also, using things like bags of sugar for weights can help toine and bring in the muscles, you may not be losing wieght but it helps bring in the silhouette. You don't have to buy things for that though if there is anything you were going to buy, I would recommend a gym ball!

xx

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    beckys1984 ·
    • Hide content

Weight loss is simple.....calories in needs to be less than calories out!!

I normally tell people to try cutting down by 500 calories per day, this will help with weight loss of 1lb per week which is sustainable weightloss! 250 calories from diet and 250 calories from exercise......250 calories are really easy to cut out.....ie using half the amount of butter you would have with toast in morn/ on sandwiches etc, if you need any more ideas than this and you want to message me and there is a way to private message me feel free as I have studied a bit of nutrition etc....I am not a nutritionist or anything but can help with simple changes for smart weight loss!

The other 250 from exercise....do you do anything at the moment? Do you have any classes locally that you can go to as pay as you go? if not I can also give you a few tips etc on exercises that can be done around the home! Kind of like a circuit based exercise but with household Items etc!

Please don't hesitate to message me or even reply on here if you are still struggling!

Good luck xxx

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a brilliant loss, well done KG. How are you finding it?

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Some really great advice in this thread, and support. Thank you all so much!

I think I am having the same trouble I often have - if there are too many things going on I am a little bit crap at everything. I am changing jobs currently, still unpacking in the new house, trying desperately to catch up on wedding things. It's a race against time! And our social life is manic at the moment, in a wonderful way, but my self-discipline is poor, poor, poor.

So I have started back on the 30 day shred, only 2 days, but last time I did it for 25 days (and then was really ill) I loved it. I have room to bounce around in my bedroom now so I should be more likely to do it daily as standard. I lived in a bungalow until recently and all the stairs and the rooms being spread out is definitely helping my fitness level.

My eating is not as strict as has been suggested above. I am on the Slimming World plan, but I came off it Thursday (housewarming) and Friday (my leaving do) and had big meals and lots of drinks. There shouldn't be too much now until the Hen Do (I've ordered dresses I know I can't currently get in to, blub)

I need to clamp down on the eating. Note to self: BE MORE STRICT WITH THE EATING.

First weigh-in of the week tonight... I did 9lbs last Tuesday, and 9.5lbs last Thursday, so if I could see a 3 today I'd be delighted.

I am off next week between jobs so plan to get some serious exercise done... But I always say that! x

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

This is so hard!! I did a stone. Tried the dress on a week ago. Doesn't do up. If I don't lose 2 inches all the way down, under boobs, tummy, hips etc, I'll have nothing to wear on the day.

Hen night is out of the way now so going forward I am fasting 2 days a week and sticking to slimming world recipes when I do eat. Increased exercise. Need to give up alcohol but the social life is busy, I never resist. BUT I MUST!!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

7 weeks down. I've lost 18lbs. I love how much fitter I am from the shred and the cycling and walking, I don't like how hungry I am sometimes. And light-headed. I know, I know! It's not good to be feeling ill, but I am so desperate not to have to buy a dress I hate because I didn't get my s*** together sooner!

I just went for another try-on. It goes on and does up, but I'm too big around my middle and hips amd it ridges upward at the base of my back/top of my not inconsiderable bottom.

So I am going to continue to give it my all. it's not THAT bad really, given that I've made progress. The lady in the shop was delighted with what I had managed in 19 days given that she couldn't do it up the previous time.

I just don't feel happy. I burst in to tears in the shop, the poor lady trying to deal with me! I see myself as too big, flabby etc and am not really appreciating that 18lbs is a good loss, especially since the social life has continued, and I've started a new job (which I lost on the first day etc, lots of drama and I still stuck with the diet).

I've got my predding 3 weeks tomorrow so I really need to have shifted as much as possible in 2 weeks. Here goes!!!!!

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Kentish well done. Have you just been sticking to your slimming world?

I have my fingers crossed that you shift the rest you want to.

Remember we are our own worst critics though!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

I have been following slimming world loosely. Have not given up booze. Have been exercising daily, but usually only 22 minutes on the shred DVD and I have been keeping my calorie intake as low as poss using My Fitness Pal. Last week by net (after exercise) was 700/day and the previous week it was 1,100. This week it will be fairly high, but the following week I'll go super-low.

I just got a free gym membership with my job so no excuse not to get my arse in there! But I need to eat to work out so I will have to be very sensible on that front.

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like you're doing brilliantly! Have you tried metafit? See if there's a class nearby, it's a 30 min high intensity training class and a few of my friends go, and they've all toned up massively - they've not lost a great deal of actual weight, as it tones muscle, but the inch loss is amazing. Might be worth looking at ?

Ali

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

You've done far better than I have!! I've managed to lose a stone since Christmas, and in the process a dress size, but it's not much, especially compared to your amazing progress!

Try to feel good about what you've accomplished so far! It sounds like you're well on your way. I've only kicked my ass into gear half heartedly in recent weeks and lost about 2 inches on my waist, so it's definitely possible!!!

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really don't want to rain on your parade, because you're doing amazingly, but you might actually lose more weight if you ate more!

Depending on how tall you are and how much you weigh, you need to be eating at least 1,200 calories a day (for average woman). If you eat less than that, you'll actually be running too big an energy deficit so it can slow your weight loss right down or even stop altogether when your body gets sick of it.

Read the threads on the MyFitnessPal community about BMR and TDEE - e.g. I'm doing workout DVD every other day, I'm 6 foot tall and 11.5 stone and to LOSE weight my NET calories should be around 1,800! I upped my net calories to that (usually eat around 2,100 and exercise off around 300) and started losing 1lb per week, whereas before I'd been losing 0.25lb per week if I was lucky (eating 1,240 calories net).

Try calculating your BMR here: https://scoobysworkshop.com/406.shtml This is the basic number of calories you NEED to eat in a day, if you NEVER get out of bed. Basically, this is what your body needs to survive. If you go below this, you're risking your health. E.g. my BMR is around 1,500. When I was eating 1,240 net calories I felt rank, tired, sweaty all the time, cold, had no energy and my skin looked crap. SUCH a difference since upping my calories!! Honestly look at the threads on MFP, I'm not the only one who upped their calories and lost more weight!

Other things to watch out for - keep your salt intake low. If I eat more than 25g of salt in a day I get bloated and hang on to water weight more. Also drink LOTS of water. Try to cut down on fat and substitute it with lean protein as that will help you build muscle faster, and more muscle = more fat burned Smiley smile

Anyway!!

Sorry for boring you Smiley smile I was just so amazed to eat more and lose weight I thought I would share the miracle lol

(Edited for typos)

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG I love MFP. I've been very interested in your progress. 11 weeks to go and my dress doesn't do up either and I haven't lost anything for two weeks despite keeping my net calories after exercise less than 950. I do about 45-60 high intensity cardio per day burning 600-850 calories and haven't got time to up my exercise ? ("red angry" face because they haven't got "red puffed-out face" or "feeling faint every time I stand up" face). I found if I eat less I'll run out of stamina in the gym.

Well done you. I am full of admiration.

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

By the way, if you like your sweet treats, Solero Exotic are 90 calories, same as a banana.

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you haven't lost anything lately it sounds like you're not eating enough either! You need to eat at least 1,200 cals per day NET to be able to lose weight effectively. Trust me, I learned the hard way! Look on the MFP forums about BMR and TDEE and weight loss... It makes a huge difference!!

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

Fairplay to you Kentish Gal!!! you've done so well, keep it up :o)

Do you really need to eat 1,200 cals NET? I've been aiming to do that gross, mind I don't go to the gym every day.

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I got told on MFP! I posted a thread asking for advice as I wasn't losing weight, despite doing 30 Day Shred and eating 1,240 cals per day, & literally everyone jumped on my saying I wasn't eating enough & sent me all these links about BMR and TDEE. They said eat more cals & make sure 30% of the cals come from protein. Took a while to get my head around it but I'm finally losing weight so it seems to work!! The best thing is not being starving, not losing hair and being able to walk up the stairs without getting dizzy!!

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Trouble is I don't trust the display on the cardio machines overly. so I wanted a cushion.

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah yeah that's a good point Smiley sad I've just been using MFP to estimate although I don't know if it's much better!

I remember being 19 and I could lose half a stone in two weeks just by cutting out fizzy drinks *sigh*

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I saw all the BMDR and TDEE or whatever it is on MFP, but I didn't even try to understand it LOL! I don't find 1,200 is too low tbh, as long as you make the right choices, but I'm all for eating more if I can Smiley winking might up my intake on the days I go to the gym. I only want to lose a few pounds now, the first 7 came off really easy but I've stayed the same for weeks now Smiley sad

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PFY1980 ·
    • Hide content

Honestly - I cannot recomend giving the wine up enough - I split with the Ex 5 years ago and had been drinking atleast a bottle of wine every night for 7 years, (no exceptions, sometimes more - I was in a bad place) but in a month of not drinking on a week night i had lost 2 stone. I went from a lager size 16 to a 12 I didd not change anything else except give up smoking completly

Don't get me wrong i was borderline alcy and new i had to do something and with encouragement of OH got through it and came out better. But the weight dropped off me.

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

Well done on your weight loss hun, so pleased for you! And jealous lol!

Wise advice Suzy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics