Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2018

11.30am ceremony help!

HappyPurpleDiamonds4245, 15 of February of 2018 at 17:43 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all,

I’m looking for some advice. Me and my H2B have decided to have a bit of a last minute wedding and get married this September. We’ve found a beautiful venue at a considerable discount so I’m set on the date we’ve reserved. The only problem is the registrar only has 11.30am available for the ceremony. I’ve never attended a wedding that started before 1.30pm so I’m a little concerned that we will have huge gaps with the guests just standing around waiting for the next ‘activity’... especially as quite a few of our guests don’t know each other. Any ideas on how to fill these gaps?

were getting married in September in a small(ish) venue so if it’s poor weather the guests will only really be able to go to the bar or the wedding breakfast room.

Also, we’re thinking we will need to serve food with the drinks reception as guests might have to set off quite early so won’t have eaten much before the ceremony starts. My worry is that canapés never satisfy hunger, does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative to serve at our drinks reception?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

3 replies

Latest activity by HappyPurpleDiamonds4245, 17 of February of 2018 at 13:46
  • R
    Beginner April 2019
    RomanticGreenConfetti835 ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I see your dilemma. I'm not sure what to do in terms of entertainment - it would depend on personality. do you have room.in your budget to hire a magician or harpist or singer etc?

As for food, instead of canapes, you could serve afternoon tea?

• Joey@WarbleEntertainment
    Joey@WarbleEntertainment ·
    • Hide content

Hey there Smiley smile

The above suggestions are great. Live music fills the gap nicely and is perfect for setting the atmosphere. If you have any live music later in the evening, you could possibly ask them to come earlier and perform an acoustic set for the lull? You can save some money this way too instead of booking an extra act.

Magicians are also fun and aren't restricted to a stage which means they can entertain guests up close. Caricaturists are worth considering too for something different! Guests also have a memento to take home as well and most caricaturists are quite cost effective for what you're getting.

Good luck, let me know if you have any other questions.

Joey

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married at 11am. We are having music, canapes, drinks and photos. It helps that our venue is a museum so everyone can have a look at all the different things there. After that we go to our reception venue, food at 2.30, speeches from around 3.30, cutting the cake at 4, big group photo, then there'll be around 30 mins before the live bands kick off. For those who don't like live music there will be a chill out room with card games and things like that in. Then the first dance, buffet and disco.

• H
    Beginner September 2018
    HappyPurpleDiamonds4245 ·
    • Hide content

This is great, I like the idea of a magician as it’s a bit different. A couple of friends of mine suggested Mr&Mrs type games that will involve the whole room, has anyone tried anything like this?

So grateful for your help!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics