Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2011

12 weeks to plan a wedding!

sarie, 22 February, 2011 at 21:41 Posted on Planning 0 6

Please help! We have just set the date for our wedding, 14th May and now panic has kicked in, 12 weeks to go so any help would be gratefully received.

Firstly - ideas for reception venue, around 170 ppl, not hotel, thinking more country house or unusual venue for a marquee? Anything a bit out of the ordinary I think, any ideas?

I live in Teesside

Thank you!

6 replies

Latest activity by sarie, 23 February, 2011 at 00:41
  • avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

Ooh Hello fellow Teesside Bride! Prepare for some word vomit....

Wynyard Hall

Crathorne Hall

Crab & Lobster

Hardwick Hall

Gisborough Hall

Rushpool Hall

Judges

Walworth Castle

Theres a few to have a look at, although 12 weeks is a short time line so it may be worth ringing round to see if they are booked before you even bother looking at them in real life. And also with it being so close, lots of haggle room!!!

• JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content

I have no suggestions to offer but I have to say that i'm quite envious. I find this whole waiting around for 18 months thing really annoying!!! I want to get married in 12 weeks too!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

It can easily be done as long as you can book a venue . Have you booked the Church/Registrar as this is a priority.

• Amour Occasions
    Amour Occasions ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I agree with Sherrie - you need to book the church or registrar asap

I think there is a late availability for venues on the hitched site?? (or am I imagining things again?)

Prime example my step mum organised her wedding to my dad is just under 6 weeks - it can be done!!

Good Luck and have fun!

Claire

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Here you go late availabilty some bargains to be picked up as well if you can do it soon:

https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-venues/availability/

• S
    Beginner May 2011
    sarie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for replies, I feel slightly less panicky hearing ppl you know have done it.

I booked the church today, so that's fine.

Thanks vintagebride for all those ideas, been searching them out. And sherrie, I hadn't thought about how much of a bargaining chip this late booking might actually be, cheers! the OH is good at haggling!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics